Wednesday, 20 February 2013

My Perfume Collection

Something a little different to usual beauty and fashion posts, I wanted to share my perfume collection with you lovely people. I've always loved perfume but it's something I would rather receive as a gift than buy for myself.

If you recognise any of the perfumes below, you'll probably realize that my favourite types of perfumes are the sweet, fruity and floral ones. Below I'll include a little more information on each perfume in case any of you are looking at buying any of these particular perfumes. 
Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh: This scent a fresh fruity one, which is really inoffensive. The packaging is similar to the original Daisy, just with a mix of pink flowers instead of white. Eau So Fresh is probably my go to everyday perfume, it lasts a good few hours too which is nice.

Escada Sentiment: Another sweet girly one, this can actually be quite strong so one or two sprays is plenty for this perfume. I actually forget how this perfume came into my possession but I do enjoy wearing it every now and then. I also love the tall bottle with the heart shaped lid, I think this is a fairly reasonable price now too. 

Victoria's Secret Candy Baby: A classic cotton candy sickly sweet body mist. I bought this on an impulse at the Sydney Airport a while ago, you can probably tell I haven't used much of this. It's nice every once in a while but I think it's a little too sweet for most occasions. 

Vera Wang Lovestruck: This is my newest perfume, my boyfriend got me this for Christmas actually. I was immediately drawn to the gorgeous packaging, the big square bottle, the ribbon and flowers on top all look beautiful. This is a nice fruity/floral/woody scent but at the same time is not overpowering. My only gripe with this perfume is the staying power, I wish it lasted just a little bit longer. 



Anna Sui Rock Me: I've seen people describe this as floral, but to me it smells like citrus. I'm almost out of this perfume, I've had it for over a year now and I'm definitely thinking of repurchasing. I absolutely love the ombre bottle.

Lush Karma Solid Perfume: This is really different to everything else in my collection, it's a blend of spices, citrus and definitely has a hint of patchouli which I know isn't for everyone but I love it. The packing of this is really simple and you only need a tiny bit because the scent is really quite strong.

Jean Paul Gaultier: Another perfume which randomly appeared in my collection, think I may have snagged this from one of my sisters to be honest. This is quite a strong scent and probably a little heavier than most of my other perfumes. I absolutely love the classic packing of this perfume too.

Burberry Touch For Women: I couldn't accurately describe the scent of this perfume, it's quite a mix of different scents and I love the way this settles on my skin. The packaging is quite plain and small but it's really sturdy and great for travelling.

Brittany Spears Fantasy: I swear everyone owned this perfume when I was in high school, and the scent will forever remind me of that. I would compare this to the scent of candy it's nice and sweet but not sickly like VS Candy Baby. I'm not a massive fan of B Spears but the packaging of this perfume makes me really happy.



Thought I'd include some of the samples I've received in beauty boxes over the past few months.


Marc Jacobs Daisy: I don't love this anywhere near as much as Eau So Fresh, it's not as fruity so I wouldn't buy the full size.

Lancome Tresor Midnight Rose: I really don't like the smell of this perfume, it's a little old for me and I think buying the full size would be a waste.

Marc Jacobs Dot: I love the full size packing of this perfume, and I really quite like this scent. It smells like berries and is quite different to other perfumes I have - I definitely want to pick up a full size.

Calvin Klein Sheer Beauty: This is fruity and floral which you'd think I'd like but it just doesn't hit the mark for me.

I'm so sorry for the ridiculously long post, so I wouldn't blame you if you didn't read it all. I am going to follow up this post in a few weeks of a wish list of some of the perfumes I've been lusting after recently.

What are your favourite perfumes? Have you tried any of the ones in my collection? 

12 comments:

  1. You have such a cool collection! Mostly perfumes I have been thinking of buying for myself. However, I find Vera Wung's Lovestruck too sweet for myself.

    P.S. I am having a giveaway on my blog. Do check it out! :) x
    thefemininecrusade.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beyonce 'Heat' is just divine

    ReplyDelete
  3. the vera wang lovestuck packaging looks so pretty! too bad the staying power isn't as good as you wanted it to be D:

    ♥ M & L

    http://twoplicates.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great collection! I love the Daisy Eau De Fresh so much! It's the perfect spring scent to me!! :))

    XO,
    http://rosychicc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that Eau So Fresh is better than the original Daisy - I much prefer it, even though I have Daisy but not Eau So Fresh :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Dot, and it's on my wishlist as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a lovely collection here - I don't actually own any of these although several are on my list! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your perfumes! My favourite is Marc Jacob´s Daisy..omg..best ever ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Want to try the Escada one!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a nice collection! I love the Daisy bottle



    Emm
    SPIN DIZZY FALL
    http://spindizzyfall.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty collection, Marc Jacobs Daisy is one of my all time favourites along with Victor & Rolf Flowerbomb :-)

    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely perfume collection! (:

    -theresa
    collaredblouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the lovely comments, we honestly do appreciate it.
Please feel free to leave your link so we can check out your blog. xo