Wednesday, 18 January 2012

Review: Kate Moss for Rimmel London

So if you know me well enough you know I'm an avid lipstick wearer and much prefer a lipstick over a lipgloss. This Christmas I was lucky enough to get some of the Kate Moss Rimmel lipsticks from my lovely boyfriend (who managed to get my favourite shades). I got four of the colours and I was so exited when I unwrapped the gift. I got two shades of red, an orange and also a dark purple all of which I absolutely love.





I wanted to share my thoughts on these lipsticks for other lipstick lovers out there, these are a must have. The stand out of these lipsticks was the formula they're all really creamy and leave a really nice satin finish which didn't dry out my lips even after prolonged wear. The lasting power of these lipsticks is also really good especially for a 'drugstore' brand. I found I only had to re apply in minor spots a few times during the night when I wore the purple one. As for the range of shades they have nine to choose from ranging from dark berries to nude. I'm quite pleased with the shades I received and they do have a really good colour payoff. One coat in some of these is plenty, but if you like more they're easily buildable without going cakey. I'm also in love with the packaging it's so sleek and minimal, but the signature in red makes it look much more classy. 

Pros: 
  • Great colour range - nice and bright
  • Decent price of $12 - 15 AUD 
  • Really Pigmented 
  • Lasting finish 
  • Creamy satin finish 
  • Sleek packaging
  • Buildable colour 
  • Easy enough to remove 
  • Scent is really fruity/candyish 
Cons: 
  • As you can see from the photos you don't get too much product in the tube (I've only ever worn each of them once at most so far) 
I give this lipstick a solid 8 out of 10, and I wouldn't definitely buy a lot more given the chance and when I run out of my favourite shades. 

Below are some tips and must have items for a lipstick wearer! 

1. Paw Paw Ointment, 2. Lush Lip Scrubs, 3. Cotton Tips, 4. Lipstick (duh!) 
I find it's best even if you don't have noticeable dry patches to always exfoliate your lips before using lipstick no matter what the formula. I love using the lush ones because they smell really nice and taste like sugar. I have the Bubblegum and the Pow Wow, I much prefer the Bubblegum as Lush hasn't quite perfected the formula of the Pow Wow as the top of mine when I opened it was rock hard. So after you exfoliate you will want to sink some moisture into your lips I use Paw Paw Ointment but you can use any chap stick or lip balm that works for you. The next step is to apply lipstick you can use a brush and liner if you need but I never have any to match the shades of lipstick I own (I need to get some) but I usually just apply straight from the tube and use the cotton tips to fix up anywhere where you may have gone outside the lines of your lips. 

I hope you all enjoyed this review and my tips for wearing lipstick! I'm off to Sydney tomorrow to see A A Bondy at the Sydney festival and Megan and I will probably take some OOTD to put up here when we get back. Hope you're all have a great day! 


13 comments:

  1. i got one of the kate moss rimmel lipsticks when they first came out!! the colours are a bit POW for me though, i got a sort of muted browny one. i love rimmel lipsticks though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! My boyfriend bought me three of these four shades for me as well! I love the purple one but I'm finding it so hard to make it look good. I guess cause I'm not used to wearing such dark lipstick. But I loooove it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT can be a really hard colour to wear, I got called gothic a few times that night (but lots of compliments as well). I'm thinking of getting a lip liner to match this one just to make it easier. I just wore it with a brown shimmery natural eye and bronzer/peachy cheeks.<3 Thanks for the comment

      Delete
  3. I really want to try the lush lip scrub. Is it worth the price? I remember I found it a little expensive, even for a lush product. On the other side, I do pay .. a lot .. for my shampoo, but it's really the best. So lush is indeed on of my favorite stores. :) Love your blog btw ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie: I would definitely recommend the lip scrub, it's probably the best one I've used. Sometimes lush does samples or even an in store trial so it's worth going in and trying it to see if you like it. xo

      Delete
  4. Oh wow I love all of the colors! Definitely the kind of shades I would pick out and they look gorgeous on the lips as well! I already have a really good dark purple lipstick from max factor. I might do a lipstick/make up post too! To exfoliate my lips I usually use an old toothbrush, softly rub it over my lips and it does the trick! After that some lipbalm or lipstick. The products you use are probably better though. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colours look amazing, although I don't know if i'd be brave enough to wear purple!
    I love your blog, can't believe I've only just found it! Consider me a new follower!

    http://www.non-optional.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great lippie colours! I also really like pawpaw ointment xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to have to have a look for these! I really adore the orange and the colour underneath that one! stunning. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on these, it can get hard to buy lipsticks without knowing what they are like! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love your blog. your vibe is great. would love it if you checked out mine and follow me back if you like!
    It features my recently launched scarf line 'charlotte & lisa' with hoods, fur etc, i think its really suiting to your style!

    http://www.clothesovercarbs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic post. Just found your blog - new follower! :)
    frecklie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the number 3 in this range and really like it. I might pick up some more whilst I am in England as they are cheaper here. I am now following :)

    Laura
    whitewinters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahh i really want to try these, thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the lovely comments, we honestly do appreciate it.
Please feel free to leave your link so we can check out your blog. xo