Wednesday, 11 April 2012

Kardashian Kolors Nailpolish

Hi Everyone, I've been wanting to do a post on these nail polishes ever since my boyfriend got them for me for Christmas. I wanted these so badly, and they were really hard to find so I was pretty much shocked when I opened them on Christmas Day. They are the Nicole By OPI Kardashian Kolors. 

There are 14 Kolors (sorry I'll stop that) in the collection I have 10 of the 14. There are some glitters and some cream finishes. They are all super pretty and I'll let you know more about what I think of them below the pictures...


As you can see there are some lovely colours in the collection, and the glitter polishes are especially awesome. I find they wear reasonably well and lots of them only need two coats to get an opaque finish. I'll go through each of the colours briefly, so if you're interested in a particular colour you can get an idea of what it's like.  


Kendall On The Katwalk: This polish reminds me of a mermaid, it looks so pretty on the nail and I love wearing it. This polish has a blue base with more blue, green and purple glitter. It looks really awesome on the nails especially with a really shiny top coat. 

Wear Something Spar-Kylie: This one is pretty, pink and sparkly it has a nice opaque formula for a glitter and goes on really nicely. The only thing I did notice was that it didn't have a shiny finish and you will need to add a topcoat to this to give it a nice glossy finish. 

Follow Me On Glitter: This is one of my favourites, it's a grey/black glitter with added rainbow glitter circles. I love that they added rainbow to it otherwise it would just be another standard grey glitter. I found once again it had a slightly matte finish so you'll need to add a good topcoat. 

Disco Dolls: This is basically the gold version of Follow Me On Glitter. A gold base with rainbow glitter circles, I think this is the most original and also another favourite of mine. This colour is pretty opaque and you only need two decent coats to get a good finish. I really like the brushes on these polishes they make them really easy to apply neatly. 

Rainbow In The S-Kylie: Yes you've probably seen something similar before, OPI's Rainbow Connection is pretty much an exact dupe for this colour. I find this colour hard to apply and you have to move the glitter around on your nail with the brush to get an even coat. Aside from the application issues it's an awesome colour. 

It's All About The Glam: This looks horrible in the photo above on the colour wheel. But I promise this colour is really pretty, it's a shimmery white. You need a few coats to get a decent finish with this and I did have some streaking issues. But once you get enough coats it looks lovely on the nail. 

All Kendalled Up: This is a really creamy hot pink,  I find it's easily dupable but it's a pretty colour especially if you don't own one similar. Only need about two coats with this one. 

Kourt Is Red-y For A Pedi: This is my favourite non glitter of the collection, it's a redish/coral colour and it's super bright. The finish of this isn't a creamy it's more like a jelly finish but it's lovely and I've worn this one the most. 

Khloe Had A Little Lam-Lam: I thought I would love this colour, and don't get me wrong it's lovely but I suck at applying polishes and this ends up all over my skin and just looks really messy. I do love the colour though and you only need 1-2 coats max.  

Kim-Pletely In Love: This is a baby pink but it has a bunch of blue micro glitter in it which makes it even better. The photo above does this colour no justice whatsoever and I would recommend this to anyone who likes pretty girly nails. You do need a fair few coats of this though, I've used a lot of this polish.

Sorry for the annoyingly long post, but I wanted to give you an idea of what the colours were actually like. I think all the formulas of these polishes are really good except for the thin ones where you need a lot of coats. I would recommend 'Follow Me On Glitter' 'Disco Dolls' & 'Kourt Is Red-Y For A Pedi' as they're probably my favourites. 

Has anyone else tried any of the Kardashian Kolors Collection? Which is your favourite one? 

Hope you liked this post, I've become a bit of a nail polish addict lately so expect more posts.


22 comments:

  1. LOVE the rainbow s-kylie nail polish!


    xo Joana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too it looks awesome over white polish :)

      Delete
  2. What a great boyfriend! bonus points for him!! lol I really like a bunch of these. I just recently got kim-pletely in love and it is SO pretty! I love the glitter that is in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, I was so shocked. He seems to keep up with what I want.

      I'm glad someone else has tried Kim-pletely in love, it's so pretty.

      Delete
  3. The glittery ones look fabulous!

    http://sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the glitter ones!

    joanne from jimmilou.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! looks nice!!

    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you have a nail wheel! I need to get one myself! xo

    tattooedtealady.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, I got this on ebay in a pack of ten or so for a few dollars xx

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Me too, with all the glitter speckles it looks so pretty on the nail x

      Delete
  8. the color Kim-Pletely In Love is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you agree, it looks so nice in real life the photos do it no justice x

      Delete
  9. 1I'm not as jealous of your glitter nail polish as I was before. But it's still a pretty cool collection!


    xo Joana

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great Christmas gift! I think I might need to go and have a look at these. I am really loving reading your blog!

    Laura
    whitewinters.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, they're really nice I'd definitely recommend.

      Thanks for your lovely comment Laura xx

      Delete
  11. Your blog is so cute!

    Love this collection, will definitely check these out!

    Pippa

    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun! I had heard about the Kollection (can't help myself) but I hadn't seen them up close. What a lovely and thoughtful present X

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your blog so much!
    Where did you get those fake nails from? They look awesome..would love to get some :) xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the lovely comments, we honestly do appreciate it.
Please feel free to leave your link so we can check out your blog. xo