Sunday, 15 July 2012

Australis "Nudist" Palette Swatches/Review



























I bought this little palette from Target a few weeks ago. I am a big fan of Australis products, they are always on trend and very inexpensive. By now I think most cosmetics companies have bought out a natural eyeshadow palette inspired by the UD Naked Palette. This palette comes with 8 neutral shadows. There was no tester for this product in store so I didn't really know what the colour pay off would be like before I decided to buy it but for the price you can't complain. The swatches don't really do the colours justice.

Cost:  $10-$12.

Colour pay off: The first 3 colours in this palette are very chalky and similar in colour and texture. The last 5 colours have great colour pay off, they also have a buttery feel to them unlike the first 3 (my favourite is the second last shadow).

Packaging: I like that this is really sleek and compact although I do not like the brush that it comes with.

Where to buy: Kmart, Target, Big W etc.

Wear time: I used a primer (UD Primer Potion) under these shadows and they lasted around 6-7 hours.

The only fault in the palette (apart form the first 3 colours) is the fact is has no matte shades. They are all shimmery. For me, I like a matte shade to use in my crease so I wouldn't be able to just use this one palette for a look.

All in all this is a great little drugstore palette.


Would you wear these shadows?

10 comments:

  1. I bought this palette for a friend a while back and then when I saw it for $4.86 only two or so days ago, I had to buy one for myself! So far I'm really liking it! Thanks for the post.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so cheap! I'm glad you like it too xo

      Delete
  2. The last 5 colours look amazing! I haven't seen this palette in my local shopping centre but I didn't need to try this out now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen this palette around in my local stores so it must be new! The last 5 colours are gorgeous and it seems like the palette has a good mix between warm and cool toned colours. I like how cheaper brands are bringing out nude coloured eyeshadow palettes, but I already have the UD naked palette so I don't see myself buying more! Tempting though :P xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I will try this palette out to supplement my craving for the Naked 2 palette. Check me out, follow back? It would be great to follow each other! My Fashion/DIY/HOW-TO/ADVICE/TIPS & TRICKS MAGAZINE BLOG
    summerxkim.blogspot.com
    xoxo =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i almost bought this the other week but decided against it simply cos i have both naked palettes and it has no matte shades which is really what im lacking. it is nice though and if i didnt have the naked palettes i would definitely buy it. shame about the first three colours, one or two highlight colours is enough really.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to try this one but I still haven't seen it instore. I'm definitely going to have to stalk my local Target now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these colours - they are so attractive.

    Joanne

    http://www.balletpumpsandroses.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I might get this palette now :) love the colour shades! x
    megcatherine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi!! :)
    I really like your blog, I´m following you :D
    ... maybe if you have time, you could visit my blog too, and if you like it, follow me back ;)
    Kisses!
    http://modacapital-blog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the lovely comments, we honestly do appreciate it.
Please feel free to leave your link so we can check out your blog. xo