Tuesday, 17 July 2012

Maybelline Colour Tattoo: Bad To The Bronze



Once again another hugely hyped product in the beauty world, ever since these came out in America I wanted to get my hands on some of these but of course I knew Australia would have to wait if we were going to get them at all. I was actually just randomly in Priceline and saw them, I got so excited I may have squeal a little bit - not really (yes really). My Priceline had all the tester shades out but only had a couple of the shades to buy. I swatched them all and I wasn't hugely fond of any of the colours except 'Bad To The Bronze' which surprised me because I thought I'd like 'Tough As Taupe' but I actually didn't like the swatch at all. So I controlled myself and just got the one I knew I'd actually wear. 

Price: $11.95 AUD but Target/Priceline often have sales so look out for them 

Pigmentation/Formula: These are ridiculously pigmented and have great colour payoff, easily buildable for a richer colour or can easily be blended out for a more subtle look. They are also nice and creamy and easy to apply with your fingers or a brush. 

Where you can buy: As I said you can get these at Priceline and Target, I haven't seen them anywhere else but they may be available elsewhere

Wear time: I don't know about the 24 hour wear time because I haven't ever worn them for that long but on me they did last a good 6 hours+

I honestly think these are so worth the money, they are a fantastic cream shadow and for only $11.95 I think they are definitely something everyone should check out. As I said before, I'm not a huge fan of all the colours and this is by far my favourite. But if you're not afraid of a bright colour on your lids you will definitely love all the other colours. I would definitely purchase these again and recommend these to everyone. 

Has anyone else tried any of the Colour tattoos? 

Also a random question, Megan and I are going to Melbourne next week we have been a few times already and absolutely love it but just wanted to ask for recommendations on food/shopping/other things we should check out while we are down there. If you have any suggestions please leave a comment below!!! 

20 comments:

  1. Hey Katelyn,

    This is such a great shade! I love this line - I have most of them and with the exception of the purple one I love them all. I don't know why they are named differently here though - you have 'Bad To The Bronze' and 'Tough As Taupe' and we have 'On and On Bronze' and 'Permanent Taupe'. I prefer your names!

    Emma xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the look of the purple one but I would never wear it. I can't believe they are named differently, I think I like our names better too. x

      Delete
  2. That was the first colour I picked too! I love it. Going back for a few more this week

    I did a review on Bad to the Bronze on my blog a few weeks ago

    http://kitschsnitch.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/maybelline-color-tattoo-in-25-bad-to.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a gorgeous colour, I'll be sure to check out your review x

      Delete
  3. I would have picked this one up but I thought it would be really similar looking to Essence's 'Pas des Copper'. I hope they introduce more neutral colours in the line, the only ones that appeal to me are Bad to the Bronze and Pomegranate Punk. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same but it's more of a rich metallic. I couldn't agree more with you on the neutral shades, I refuse to wear blue/green anything on my eyes haha x

      Delete
  4. I have a couple of these and I really love them! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bought Bad To The Bronze on the weekend and love it so far! I intend on going back and getting more because I loved it so so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just bought Bad to the Bronze but found that I really need a primer underneath or it ends up a big mess. I have Tough as Taupe but don't find it as wearable, so you chose well :) Pomegranate Punk is next on my list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wore a primer under mine and it helped keep it on and from creasing. Do you have oily eyelids?

      I think Tough as Taupe is the weirdest colour which is a surprise because it was one I was looking forward to

      Delete
  7. Ha.. you got such cooler named products than our loserish UK ones!! 'On and on bronze??' I love this shade!!xx

    Samantha's Secret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's the weirdest name, I definitely prefer 'bad to the bronze'x

      Delete
  8. haven´t tried it but I like the colors:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would really like to try them but they don't sell them in my country. :(

    Sandra from The Puzzle of Sandra's Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sucks, hopefully they get them soon. Feels like we all have to wait forever for different products to arrive here

      Delete
  10. I have the taupe colour but this one looks much prettier!

    Laura
    www.whitewintersblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to get it, it's definitely my favourite of all of them

      Delete
  11. I own Tough as Taupe, Pomegranate Punk and On and On Bronze :) On and On Bronze I bought myself and the other two were a gift from the States :)
    On and On Bronze is the same as Bad to the Bronze but the names are different here in Europe :) Im thinking of buying the teal one and I really want the orange one but its not beeing sold here in Finland :/ sigh
    I LOVE Tough as Taupe.. I think its my absolute favorite of them all :)
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bought the purple one (haven't tried it yet),I definitely want to buy more. This shade looks awesome!

    ...as for places to go in Melbourne, 'Little Cupcakes' on Degraves st (laneway off Finders st) it has the yummiest cupcakes and they're bite size (half the guilt hehe) For shopping, check out south warf there are many different stores there :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i bought the whole range of these and i love them...except the purple one! its really streaky and not much pigment but the rest i love! i am you're newest follower :)
    http://allthingsbeautybytiarni.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the lovely comments, we honestly do appreciate it.
Please feel free to leave your link so we can check out your blog. xo