Monday, 23 July 2012

Essence Stay All Day Cream Shadow Review



Taken in natural light no flash, top: a few coats swatched, bottom: blended

I'm back with yet another cream eyeshadow review, something I can only imagine you will be seeing a fair bit of on this blog - can you say obsessed? Today's eyeshadow is an Essence one from the Stay All Day line of cream shadows. I swatched a fair few of them and was really taken by this shimmery gold one in the shade 'glammy goes to'. I think the worst part about this product is the name -  can Essence tell me where Glammy goes? Anyway this pretty gold shadow is another new favourite of mine and I can see myself wearing it a lot more. Now to what I think of it

Price:  I bought this at Priceline for $5.95AUD

Packaging: These come in a plastic tub, which isn't as sturdy as the glass but it doesn't really bother me. I'm not a huge fan of the design on top of the lid but I do like how essence keeps most of their packaging fairly simple. I will say this eyeshadow was extremely hard to photograph - that's my excuse for the horrible pictures. 

Pigmentation/Formula: They're not as rich and creamy as the colour tattoos but they are soft and extremely pigmented, and easily blendable. 

Where you can buy: I bought this at Priceline, Essence is stocked at Target as well but mine doesn't stock this range

Wear Time: I wore these for around five hours before the colour started to fade, I would highly recommend wearing a primer underneath these shadows. I guess you can say these stay all day, I did need makeup remover to get it off but the colour did fade a bit by late afternoon. 

Overall I really enjoy this cream eyeshadow and I'm actually planning on getting a few more. For $5.95 in comparison to the $11.95 of the Colour Tattoos I think they're a steal and a great dupe. They have a decent range of colours and I actually saw a few shades similar to the colour tattoos so I might do a dupe post in the future. I love that these shadows are cheap but have great pigmentation and texture, I think they're definitely worth checking out if you're looking to try out cream shadows. 

10 comments:

  1. This looks gorgeous Katelyn, I'm obsessed with these sort of metallic cream shadows, too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might give this one a go! I love the colour, so it'll be worth it :) Plus the price is great!
    Thanks for sharing :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. great colour, and so cheap! I will be going to priceline soon to get these

    http://kitschsnitch.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's a play on "And the Grammy goes to"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors. They're definitely something I would wear during summer - great for that sun kissed face. So thanks for the review! :)

    Btw, I'm having a Live chat today about blogging. Hope to see you there too! Check out more about it here: http://madelinesfashion.blogspot.ro/p/chat.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bought this recently too :) I prefer the Maybelline Color Tattoos but the colour of this cream shadow by Essence really hooked me in. I think it applied quite patchily on me though, and it was quite glittery on me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colour looks very pretty! I really don't need any more cream eyeshadows, I should try to use the ones that I already have.

    Laura
    www.whitewintersblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful color, very soft and sweet <3

    I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually prefer this colour to the Maybeline one you tried, its really subtle and beautiful!

    Gems x

    Australian Fashion Review Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. where have you guys gone?! miss your posts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the lovely comments, we honestly do appreciate it.
Please feel free to leave your link so we can check out your blog. xo