Tuesday, 20 November 2012

Products I've Recently Used Up



Today I have a mini review on some of the products I've finished recently. I didn't want to call this post 'October Empties' because it's far too late in the month, but these are some products I used up over the        past couple of weeks and I wanted to share my thoughts on them with you
Batiste Coloured Dry Shampoo
As the name suggests this is a dry shampoo for coloured hair specifically brown, so we can finally avoid getting those white patches. I quite liked this product it does exactly what it's supposed to and smelled nice. I will most likely repurchase especially in Summer. 

Garnier Fructis Instant Detangler
I have the worst hair, it's curly and dry which means endless knots and constant struggling with brushing my hair. I have tried so many detanglers and nothing has worked as good as this. I love this product, although I did go through it really fast. I will definitely be repurchasing.

Sukin Hand & Nail Cream
I've had this product for so long now so I'm kind of glad to be done with it so I can try out something else. It's a good hand cream but the scent can get a little overwhelming after a while. I do like that it doesn't make my hands feel greasy though. 

Davroe Detangler
Like I said above, there is no detangler I've tried better than the Garnier one. This was awful, it made my hair feel worse than before I sprayed it on and I just really didn't like it. I received this in my Lust Have It and no I would not repurchase. 
Lush Dark Angels Cleanser
By now you probably know Megan and I are both fans of Lush, I bought this quite awhile ago and really enjoyed using it. It is a black paste so it can get a little messy but does a great job of ex foliating and getting rid of the days make-up and oil. I'm currently using a different cleanser but I would repurchase in the future.

Mirenesse Tinted Mineral Balm
This was received in my September Lust Have It, and if you read that post you know I was less than enthused about receiving it. Nonetheless I used it all, it was a weird tinted cream for anti ageing but it just felt like a thick primer or something and did not provide any coverage. I wouldn't repurchase. 

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation
I loved this foundation, and was pretty sad when I finished it. It's the perfect everyday foundation as it's not too heavy for my skin. I also love the dewiness it provides. The only downfall is I can't seem to find my perfect shade. I will be repurchasing this. 

Gorgeous Cosmetics First Base Foundation Primer
I actually got this for free at their Stall at IMATS this year, I really liked this Primer but not as much as my Benefit one. I do want to try some other Gorgeous Cosmetics products though. 

Schwarzkopf Ultimate Repair Anti Damage Mask 
Always on the hunt for a good ahir mask to help my dry damaged hair I tried this. It was alright but not a miracle product. I'm still looking for something great and would love some recommendations. 

Nivea Daily Essentials Rich Regenerating Night Cream for Dry Skin
This night cream was great for the first couple of weeks but I think it went bad because it started to develop a weird smell. It did do a good job of keeping my skin hydrated overnight but I couldn't keep using it. I'm very happy with what I'm using now and want to do a post on my current skincare routine. 

Hope you enjoyed this post, what products have you used up lately? 

25 comments:

  1. I love the Bastiste Dry Shampoo, but I always buy the 'Blush' one giving me white patches!!! How silly of me, definitely picking up the coloured one next time haha! Great empties post, dear! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just used a sample of the blush one too, love the smell but hate the white patches I have to brush out haha :) xx

      Delete
  2. I'm on the search for a good detangler! Might try this out :)
    Thanks for the review, I love these kind of posts! xo

    http://leahjasmine.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the brunette dry shampoo! its terrible using the regular one in dark hair,too powdery! great empties post you have given me some more things to keep my eye out for :)
    http://allthingsbeautybytiarni.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the post, thanks for your lovely comment x

      Delete
  4. I'm always on the look out for great hair masks / treatments At the moment i'm loving the Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque although it is rather pricey i think it's amazing :)


    http://materialgurl88.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard good things but the price always puts me off. Maybe I'll have to have another look. Thanks for the tip x

      Delete
  5. Rimmel Wake Me Up is one of my absolute favourite foundations and quite possibly one of my favourite products of 2012! You got through lots, well done! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear someone else is a fan! I've actually been powering through products lately and have a bunch more for next months empties post already. I guess sample boxes will do that to you :) x

      Delete
  6. I love Wake Me Up!!
    Also with the dry shampoo I don't mind using the light one, I just massage it in & it usually disappears, although its a no-brainer to use the coloured one and not worry about that :P
    Another good detangler is one by Joico if you ever want to give something else a go.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm currently using the blush batiste one and find I have to brush it in. I much prefer the dark one because I don't have to worry. Thanks for the tip on the detangler I'm always hearing great things about Joico! x

      Delete
  7. I've been on the look out for a great dry shampoo for my dark hair, Its so hard to find a good one! I'm going to give this one a go! Great post! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend, it'll help you avoid having to brush out all the white powder so you can be a lot less precise with application. Let me know if you like it xx

      Delete
  8. I love this detangler too! Damn unruly hair though :)

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best isn't it. I hate my hair sometimes I just want to cut it all off haha

      Delete
  9. That Garnier detangler sounds really nice! I am really impressed that you used up that Mirenesse balm even though you didn't like it, often I'll just tuck things I don't like away but I really should use them up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it, it's definitely one of my favourites. I've been actively trying to use up more of my samples and trying not to buy too many new makeup products until I get rid of them haha

      Delete
  10. I love empties posts! I want to be more disciplined about saving up my own xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that I keep a little jar or box where I do my makeup so whenever I finish something I just put it in there and at the end of the month I can do a mini review/post on them x

      Delete
  11. Great post, always enjoying reading about empties! Have always wanted to try out the Dark Angels cleanser from LUSH x

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it a go, maybe even ask for a sample to try out first xx

      Delete
  12. I am on the lookout for a great hair mask, I thought this one was a bit average too.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, someone recommended me the macadamia one I might give it a go when I can afford it xx

      Delete
  13. I love that you included about hair masks. I'm using the Loreal Absolute Repair Mask at the moment and it feels great in my hair. I've also heard anything Kerastase is amazing. I'd suggest giving these a go.

    xx Sheray.

    Fashion Sherayde

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the lovely comments, we honestly do appreciate it.
Please feel free to leave your link so we can check out your blog. xo