Friday, 3 February 2012

January Empties



I still can't believe it's already February, this year is going so quickly already! I got the idea for this post from Emma Bovary Beauty who I saw doing these types of posts last year. I thought it was great idea so I thought I'd do the same and share the products I used up in the month of January.  

Biore Deep Pore Cleansing Strips
I've been using these for about a year now, and they are definitely one of my favourite products for getting rid of blackheads and yucky stuff on my nose. I have pretty bad skin, and these are really good to use sometimes when my skin is really acting up. I was a little nervous the first time because I thought they might hurt but they are fine, and my nose always feels nice and smooth after I use them. They're a reasonable price and I will definitely be repurchasing. 

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation
This is hands down my all time favourite foundation, it has great coverage and such a smooth finish. If you're looking for a nice foundation I would recommend this one, and their shade range is pretty good too. I find it really counteracts my redness, unlike a lot of the other foundations I've tried. The only thing that sucks about this is that it's so expensive here (this was bought overseas). I do have another bottle which I am using now, and I've found a decent website to purchase at American prices which I'm so happy about, will be repurchasing. 

Lush H'Suan Wen Hua
The name of this product is super crazy and I've tried 35323423 times to pronounce it correctly but it doesn't happen for me. It's a hair treatment that smells like chai tea which I absolutely love, I got about 3 or 4 uses out of this product depending on how much I used each time. You apply this before you shampoo and condition which I thought was really odd, but it is quite thick so it's understandable. The first time I used this I was a little unsure about it but the second time it worked so much better as I left it on a lot longer. It made my hair so soft, and the best part about Lush is they use natural ingredients. I'm trying other hair treatments right now so I'll probably give it a miss. (If you can recommend me a hair treatment for dry hair that'd be amazing!)

Benefit Bad Gal Lash
This Mascara is fantastic, I've had this for a really long time and it never dried out. It makes my lashes so thick and full and I always get compliments on my eyelashes when I'm wearing this. The packaging is also super cute and easy to use which is a bonus. When I have money and do a Benefit order I will most likely buy again. 

Le Tan In a Can Jet Dry - Spray Tan
I only got one and a bit use out of this product, it gave me a nice bronze shade but went really orange on my feet (I may have over done it). I don't like that you can't be in control as much as you can be with the bronzing lotion. I do like that it dries a lot faster than the lotion though and you don't get orange hands because you don't need to rub it in. It's a lot messier than the lotion as well, I don't mind this product but the cons outweigh the pros. I will be buying the lotion next time. 

I only used up five products this month and I'm aiming to use up a lot more of my Lust Have It samples this month as I've got quite the collection building up. 

What products did you use up this month? Have you used any of these?

7 comments:

  1. I've heard so many good thing about the BAD GAL mascara, I should probably try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to get it, it's honestly the best. Otherwise 'They're Real By Benefit' they do a lot of kits with sample sizes or travel sizes so I'd check them out before you buy the whole thing to see if you like it.

      Delete
  2. That LUSH mask is new to me..if you can afford the Kerastase hair products can't be beat. I just got one of their hair masks for Christmas and my hair has never felt softer. I also love their reconstructor milk..expensive but oh so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you I will have to look into it I'm in dire need of a really good conditioning treatment. xx

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Benefit mascara bad gal lash ! It's always in my beauty box ! I also want to try the Nars but in Italy to get it I have to order it online cause Nars is not sold here =(

    You're invited to enter my Valentine's giveaway to win 120 $ gift certificate and tights on Romwe.com !
    Fashion and Cookies
    Fashion and Cookies on Facebook
    Follow me on Bloglovin
    My Twitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame, I would definitely try to get my hands on some Nars if I were you. It's my favourite foundation, I entered your giveaway <3

      Delete

Thanks so much for the lovely comments, we honestly do appreciate it.
Please feel free to leave your link so we can check out your blog. xo