Saturday, 4 August 2012

L'Oreal Lumi Magique Review

























I have been wanting to review these products for a while now. We just got back from Melbourne so we had a bit of down time from blogging, but we're back!

Onto the reviews....

Lumi Magique Pure Light Primer:
They say:
"Lumi Magique Primer contains Liquid light technology which infuses skin with a ray of light, illuminating your complexion as if lit from within. The lightweight hydrating formula, evens out skin tone and hydrates for 8 hours of refreshed skin."

Cost: It was $29.95 from Priceline - a bit steep for a "drugstore" primer imo.

Packaging: I love the packaging. It is very "luxe" looking. And it has a pump!

Product:  When I swatched this in store I loved the look of it. It gave off a perfect subtle glow. I was really quite disappointed with this product once I used it on my face. I felt it gave me a greasy look and made my pores look bigger than usual. I have used it under the matching foundation in the range and also under a couple of other foundations and it never looked right on me. I think it is my skin that didn't agree with it. I have quite dry skin so maybe that was the problem seeing as so many other people loved it. I wish I had the same feelings toward this as I think it would be a great product if it works for you.


Lumi Magique Light Infusing Foundation:

They say:

"Using exclusive liquid light technology, L'oreal Paris brings you Lumi Magique - a new foundation that infuses skin with a ray of light, illuminating your complexion as if lit from within. The radiance of your skin seems recreated. Perfect coverage, without masking."

Cost: $33.95.

Packaging: Once again, the packaging is gorgeous (the rose gold was half the reason I bought it!).

Product:  I really tried to like this foundation. I will admit it's not a typical foundation I would go for - I usually go for the more full coverage ones but after seeing all the reviews on this I thought I woud give it a go and maybe have it as an everyday foundation - something that's not so heavy. I have the shade "Pure Pearl", it has a bit of an organey tinge once applied it to my face...I'm not sure if anyone else had this problem? It also didn't have a long wear time, I felt it was breaking down on my skin about half way through my day. This makes it (for me) at the most about 5 hours wear time. So again, I am sure this would be a great product if you can get it to work for you.


Lumi Magique Highlighter:

They say:
"Powered by Liquid Light Techonology, skin is instnatly illuminated with the click of a pen. With a few starategic strokes of this complexion highlighter - dark circles, fine lines and signs of fatigue virtually disappear so you look rested and refreshed - even if you've been up for hours. Sleek and sophisticated, it discretly slips into a make up bag for quick touch-ups anytime. It's the one beuaty essential no woman can live without."

Cost:
 $27.95.

Packaging: Again, LOVE the packaging - I think they were going for an Touche Eclat feel.

Product:  There's not too much to say about this. It isn't a bad product but it is not really something that I reach for. The forumla is quite nice. I only really got this because it was "buy two get one free" offer at the time.


So that sums up my thoughts on the above products. I wish I had a better experience with them, they're so pretty!

Have you tried the L'Oreal Magique range? What did you think?



11 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this review. I was in priceline today and I was going to pick up that primer because L'oreal was having buy two items and get a third free. I decided to wait and think about it first (mainly because I have spend way too much money on makeup the last few weeks). I don't think I'll go for that primer now, I am oily enough, I don't need a primer to add to the look. Cheers

    http://kitschsnitch.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I haven't tried any of these products as of yet, I did want to try the highlighter but I'm a little undecided now after reading this. I love the packaging of these though as I'm obsessed with rose gold! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I hope I didn't ruin it for you. It doesn't really have a good pay off for the price (in my opinion).
      I am obsessed with rose gold as well haha. The packaging of all three products is lovely xo

      Delete
  3. The packaging is beautiful but I don't think I will try these.

    Laura
    www.whitewintersblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no - the collection looks so pretty but sounds very disappointing!x

    Samantha's Secret

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review hun, I agree the highlighter really does have a YSL look to it :) I have inherited the foundation from my mom as she doesn't get on with it so have it to try out :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.co.uk
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha i still want to get the concealer and primer just for the packaging even though i probably wont like them!! i had the exact same thoughts as you on the foundation, too runny and thin for me and completely gone by the end of the day. at least i get use of it mixing it with color stay :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the honest review, I am trialling these at the moment as well and haven't decided if I like them or not, I'll keep these reviews in mind when I'm using them next.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely packaging! Shame they are not up to standards, I'm always on the look out for new highlighters :( Great review

    ReplyDelete
  9. L’Oréal Paris Perfect Clean is the first deep pore-by-pore cleanse with customised formulas for every skin type. For more detail : http://www.secretsonsale.com.au/collections/vendors?q=L%27oreal

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the lovely comments, we honestly do appreciate it.
Please feel free to leave your link so we can check out your blog. xo