Monday, 6 August 2012

Lust Have It July!





Sorry for the horrible photos my camera was being ridiculous.
So I know this is incredibly late but I wanted to share my thoughts on the July Lust Have It! So if you follow them on Facebook you know there was some issues with people actually getting their boxes so they actually arrived quite late which is a little annoying but something that probably doesn't matter that much. I recieved my box in the 3rd week of  July it would have been nicer in the second as this post could have gone up much sooner but oh well. 

Now on to the contents: 

Biolage Smoothing Shampoo & Conditioner 
Pure Fiji Body Lotion
Bed Head Shine Junkie Lipgloss 
Avene Makeup Remover 
Avene Gentle Purifying Scrub


So you've probably noticed by the above photos there wasn't much in the July Box and nearly all of the products were sample size. I admit I was kind of disappointed with this months selection. I never enjoy getting shampoo and conditioner samples because you only really get one use out of them and never get to experience what they're like. 

The Pure Fiji handcream is really lovely and has a great scent unfortunately once again the size is so small it would barely do my legs. I have opted to throw this in my handbag and use it as a handcream because I really like the scent. When I saw the Bed Head lipgloss I thought it was strange because I never knew they did anything other than hair care, I really dislike the colour I got and probably won't be using this any time soon, would have loved a pink or a nude though as the formula seems quite nice. 

I saw quite a few people get excited about the Avene products, I was probably most interested in the makeup remover which I still haven't gotten to try out yet. I have used the scrub though and can I say I think the name is way off, I don't think this is a gentle scrub and in fact it reminds me a a lot of the Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Scrub - I definitely wouldn't buy a full size of this product when I could get the cheaper similar version. 

As you can probably tell I was pretty disappointed with this month's box and felt it didn't really have a wow factor. I love when they include makeup products so I was kind of annoyed to only get one and it ends up being something I can't use. I feel like 5 miniature samples and one full size lipgloss is a step down from what came in the May box and even the June. Hopefully Lust Have It picks up their game and we see the boxes earlier in the month with some more exciting products. 

Did anyone else receive the July Lust Have It - What did you think? 

7 comments:

  1. A shame you didn't enjoy it :(
    I actually liked this month's box (or should I say last month hehe) as most of it was stuff I will definitely use. I already use the full size of that shampoo & conditioner so it'll be great for when I go away for two nights later this month! Guess I'm lucky though haha!
    I do hope they come up with some more interesting goodies this month though! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's lucky, I suppose everyone has different tastes and all boxes can't be for everyone. I just struggled to find even one product I was really impressed with.

      Can't wait for the August box, hope it has some good stuff

      Delete
  2. I'm really liking the content. I know what you mean about hair shampoos&conditioners samples, they also normally always last me for one wash. Sometimes it is much more nicer to have slightly bigger samples. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad someone agrees, it seems like everyone gets a few uses out of these but my hair is so long I never get to trial the products enough. x

      Delete
  3. Sorry you were so disappointed, these services are such a mixed bag aren't they? xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got the same thing and won't be using any of it really either, But putting the Figi cream in your handbag to use as hand cream is a great idea. I can't use it on my legs due to how sensitive the skin on them is, and just like you said with the lipgloss the colour is a bit blah! My friend got the pink frost colour and absolutely hates it. It reminds me of something I would have bought when I was 12 at a $2 store.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sad story, seems that lots of people are getting troubles with those boxes.

    See you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the lovely comments, we honestly do appreciate it.
Please feel free to leave your link so we can check out your blog. xo