Sunday, 26 August 2012

Lust Have It August!






This month's box is to celebrate Lust Have It's 1st birthday, instead of the makeup bag we've been getting, this months came in a pretty white box with a black ribbon - I much prefer this packaging it's so chic, not to mention I was running out of things to use the bags for. 

As for the contents this month included: 
Tan Go Tanning Glove - $29.95 
Tigi Rockaholic Rock Out Shine Blaster - $27.95
Model Co Eyeliner Black - $26.00
Marc Jacobs Dot Fragrance - $160.00
Appelles Skin Detox Shower Gel - $12.95
Appelles Body Booster Skin Lotion - $12.95 
Appelles Body Bar Vegetable Soap - $4.95

So this months box seemed to have a bit of a better selection, than what the July box did. When I opened it I was instantly drawn to the Dot perfume and the Tigi Shine Blaster, the shine blaster smells really great and I can see me getting some good use out of this. Again it's always great to get perfume samples especially the Marc Jacobs ones because I usually enjoy his scents. 

Now onto the things I was less impressed with, the tanning 'glove' is more of a tanning cloth. I haven't worn fake tan in years and I usually exfoliate it off anyway. They did say you could use this as a makeup remover so I might give that a whirl. There's nothing wrong with the Model Co eyeliner, but I feel like I've got a million black eyeliner pencils from sample boxes. I would have much preferred a liquid liner or something. The last products were shower products, these all smell really nice and I'll probably use them, I just thought for their first birthday Lust Have It would have gone all out. 

I also noticed the annual subscribers received a pair of pearl earrings as a special birthday gift. I feel like that's a bit upsetting to the members including myself who have been subscribed as monthly members since day one, and even the other people supporting their business. It would have been a nice gesture for us all to receive something special. 

Overall it was a better box than July, and I was mostly impressed with the contents hopefully next month they will improve even more. 

Did you get Lust Have It this month? What did you think? 

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved the packaging of this month's Lust Have It, I was getting a little sick of the bags haha. I thought I was the only one who didn't receive the earrings, haha! Nice to find out it was only for annual subbies and I wasn't the only one who missed out.

    You received some lovely products, I hope you enjoy the Appelles goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive started using that tanning "glove" (lol how its a glove baffles me) as a flannel for my face after i cleanse (sort of like a hot cloth) and I think it works really well. im pretty happy with this months box actually xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dear ! you have such a great blog hun :) what do you think of following each other on bloglovin' and GFC? Let me know
    keep in touch

    http://thefrench-fries.blogspot.pt

    xx

    P.S:JOIN MY INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm I know what you mean - it's nice but doesn't blow your mind, especially as it's their birthday box...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such gorgeous inspiration pictures!
    I'm Your New Follower,Hoping That you Will FOLLOW me too.

    Blow A Rainbow
    Blow a Rainbow on Facebook
    Blow a Rainbow on Bloglovin
    Blow a Rainbow on Pinterest
    Blow a Rainbow on Lookbook
    Blow a Rainbow on Tumblr

    I'll wait you on my blog dear.Have a Nice Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a really cute box! I definitely agree about the extra thing, they need to reward long standing members for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the lovely comments, we honestly do appreciate it.
Please feel free to leave your link so we can check out your blog. xo