Wednesday, 10 October 2012

IMATS Sydney 2012 Haul

































So if you read our last post you know that two weeks ago Megan and I attended our very first IMATS, you can read more about our experience here. It was really crowded at some stalls and it was hard to get in to test some of the products, I didn't really feel like fighting someone over a product so I  didn't end up buying too much. I was happy with the products I purchased and glad I didn't go too crazy. 

Now onto what I actually bought and what I think about them so far.

Inglot Eyeshadow Quad using the 'Freedom' System
Inglot was by far in my opinion one of the most popular stalls of the day, it was absolutely packed but I managed to squeeze my way in and got to swatch a lot of eyeshadows before making my final decision with these four. The four shades I picked are all shimmery, as you can see from the swatch above. 
These shadows are gorgeous and have fantastic pigmentation. I know the colours may seem really boring, but I'm not the kind of girl that wears really crazy eyeshadow colours (I prefer to leave that to my lips). I adore all the shades I purchased and I am also loving the sturdy magnetic packaging! 

Obbsesive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in 'Trollop' & 'Divine' 
These were something Megan and I knew we were definitely going to try and get our hands on, after hearing so much about them through various blogs we were very excited to see them at IMATS. This stall was also extremely packed and we stood there for quite awhile before we could get in and swatch some of the lip tars. I decided on these two fun pink shades because I really didn't need another red lip product in my collection. I am actually obsessed with these and think they definitely live up to the hype. I would definitely recommend only using a tiny bit and applying them with a mirror to avoid pink stains  under your lips like me. 

Crown Brushes
I know I could have spent a lot more time and money on brushes but by the time I wanted to go back to different brush stands it was just so overwhelming I decided I had bought enough. These were my first purchase of the day, and they were all pretty cheap. I'm glad I finally have more eye brushes to add to my collection and a decent blush brush. I love how soft they all are and they seem to be great quality. I haven't had a chance to use these yet as I want to give them a wash before I do so. 

Makeup Forever HD Blush in 07 
This was a complete impulse purchase, I was actually looking at the Aqua Creams when I spotted this and had to swatch it. You only need the tiniest bit of this blush because it's so pigmented, so I know I will get really great use out of it. It's quite easy to blend, and I'm looking forward to testing it out properly and will definitely follow up with a full review. 

Blync Lashes, Red Cherry Lashes & Duo Eyelash Adhesive
I have just recently been getting into false lashes so I picked up a few different types while I was there. I chose ones that weren't too dramatic as my eyelashes are quite long already, I just wanted ones that would enhance the look of them. Again I haven't had a chance to try these on yet but I will let you know how they go. I'm also super excited to finally have some eyelash glue that has been recommended to me rather than the little tubes that come with the eyelashes that never really works properly. 

So that's all I purchased at IMATS, I had a great time and I'm looking forward to next year.

Did anyone else attend? What was your favourite purchase?

7 comments:

  1. great haul! those are some epic products!

    http://kitschsnitch.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The swatches look gorgeous!
    The brushes look really nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, amazing haul and I love your pictures! I wish I purchased more Lip Tars, they're so incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely love your blog!....im going to IMATS next year and am also an aussie :) pretty please stop by my blog if you have the chance, it would mean a lot! xo Genevieve

    ReplyDelete
  5. the lip tars look fantastic ! xx
    thebeautyheroes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. make up forever??oh geezzz...wonderful color! dreaming to have it girl <3<3

    saphira-t


    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the lovely comments, we honestly do appreciate it.
Please feel free to leave your link so we can check out your blog. xo