Sunday, 21 October 2012

Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Foundation Review



I bought this foundation about 2 and a half months ago. I was really excited to try it as I am a big fan of creme foundations. I accidentally (like always) bought a shade too dark. I have the colour "Buff Chamois".

As you can see in the photo of me above, it is a little bit patchy - I am not wearing any concealer or powder. I think this foundation is best applied with a brush, unfortunately when I took this photo I had already applied it with my fingers, I would ordinarily use my Real Techniques Buffing Brush. Like most creme based foundations, it does tend to stick to the dryer areas of your face. If you have really dry skin you might not like this.

I especially like the fact that this colour is yellow based as I find with a lot of cheaper (drugstore) foundations they tend to be very pink toned.

Cost: Around $30.00 AUD.

Coverage: Medium but can be built up to a full coverage.

Packaging: I love the look of this packaging, although not very practical.

Wear time: Anyone that has used the original Revlon Colorstay would know that this foundation does not budge. It is the longest wearing foundation I have tried.

Repurchase?: This is a really nice drugstore foundation. I just think the price is hard to justify...

This foundation would be perfect for someone who wants to try a creme foundation but doesn't want to spend a lot of money on something like Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation. Also the fact that it stays on and doesn't break down after a long day at work is a big plus.

Have you tried this foundation? What did you think of it?




25 comments:

  1. I'm really interested in trying this foundation but the price is stopping me :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think Revlon in general are very expensive in Australia. Even the nail polishes are $13.50 or so each!

      Delete
  2. I've tried a few Revlon foundations, and so far, they've all been really nice. I have not tried this particular kind, so I think I'll have to pick it up as soon as I've finished my MUFE face and body foundation- which is amazing by the way! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are quite nice. I have heard so many great things about the MUFE Face & Body, I wish it was readily available in Australia xo

      Delete
  3. I am interested in trying this but as you said the piece is a little steep- another $20 and you can have Clinique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! There are quite a few high end foundations you can get for only $20 extra. Thanks for the comment xo

      Delete
  4. I absolutely love this foundation! If the price is a little too steep for you, you can always grab it from ebay. A lot of international sellers are on there and it costs around $15! Bargain. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! Do you have a recommended seller? I always get worried that for some reason it won't be the real deal from eBay! xo

      Delete
  5. I like the packaging of the product but I tend to steer away from high coverage foundations. It looks quite luxurious. :P I know you mentioned to Laura Mercier silk creme foundation, but I really want to try their tinted moisturiser! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister actually has the LM Tinted Moisturiser, she loves it! xo

      Delete
  6. The packaging of this is luring me in, it would look great on my desk. I like the sort of coverage this says to provide, and have heard great reviews of it. I think I will wait for a sale, and then pick it up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, the empty container would be a nice paper weight. I see Revlon is 3 for 2 at Priceline at the moment....

      Delete
  7. This looks amazing on your skin!! I didnt like photo ready liquid or mousse, but now I feel the need to try this one :) hah xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope this one works out better for you xo

      Delete
  8. it does look really good on you ! xx
    thebeautyheroes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually haven't seen this! It looks really great on you and the packaging looks very professional. =I think I might invest in it :)

    http://drowsyhearts.blogspot.co.uk Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks really good, not patchy at all. I'm hesitant to try it, but I should since I can get it pretty cheap where I live. Lovely post. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard great things about this foundation, but it would probably be quite patchy on me since I have really dry skin...

    Sandra from The Puzzle of Sandra's Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, it does tend to cling to the dryer areas of my face but it's not too bad. Thanks for the comment xo

      Delete
  12. i'd love to go back to a creamier foundation i think i might try something like this to see if it works :)

    http://lorihearts.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. The consistency of the product I actually quite liked. It gives you a great flawless look :)
    LaceyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't see any patchiness at all - just perfect skin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. i really love this foundation (even though its a bit pricey) its my go to foundation at the moment xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the lovely comments, we honestly do appreciate it.
Please feel free to leave your link so we can check out your blog. xo