Wednesday, 31 October 2012

Lust Have It October!



It may seem a little late in the month to be posting the October Lust Have It but I didn't receive this until yesterday (ridiculous I know). If you follow Lust Have It on Facebook you would have seen a lot of negative feedback regarding this months boxes. I've mention in my last couple of LHI posts that I was growing tired of their boxes and nothing was really wowing me - this month was no exception. I feel unsatisfied as a customer having to wait a whole month for something to come to me and I paid for it in the first couple of days of October, not to mention the contents was once again unexciting. 

Lust Have It have promised to pick up their game so I'm giving them one last chance to redeem themselves before I unsubscribe. As I said earlier the october box didn't particularly excite me, especially when compared to the October Bella Box

This is what was included in this months Lust Have It: 

Mask In A Cup Facial Mask $9.95

This product seems interesting enough, but I doubt anything will beat the Lush face masks I'm obsessed with. Mine was also squashed when I opened my box - thankfully it didn't leak.  I will give this a go and see if it's nice 

NYX Cosmetics Girls Nail Polish $4.95

We finally recieve a NYX product and it's a nail polish....I like the colour but I already have something so similar. I will probably use this, I definitely would have preferred to try a NYX makeup product. 

Avene Cleanance Skin Products $24.95

More Avene products, I've used quite a few of their products and none of them have really had me going to buy more. I will try these out as they are for acne prone skin, but honestly I think myself and quite a few others are sick of being bombarded with Avene samples - when on their site there seems to be brands we have never received products from. 

Caron Waxaway Ready To Use Sensitive Wax Strips 20pk $9.95

I already have my at home Veet wax kit, so these will probably get thrown in a drawer never to be used. The sample provided would even do one of my legs. 

Star & Rose Bath Fizzer $4.95

I don't have a bathtub at my house, so this will also be going in a drawer never to be used. 


They also included some vouchers for Adorn & Harvest Box - like I mention in a previous Lust Have It post I hate when they put these in, it's like they're trying to make up for the lack of quality in the box. 

Overall it wasn't the worst box but it certainly wasn't the best, I used to so look forward to receiving my Lust Have It in the middle of the month and now I feel like it's such a waste of money. I think LHI really need to step it up next month with new exciting products and brands, especially if they want to keep people subscribing. 

Did you receive Lust Have It this month? What did you think? 



15 comments:

  1. I unsubscribed after this months box. I got the same box as you, however my nail polish was clear. I would have loved to have got the one you received (or just a coloured one!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ridiculous, I would have been so cranky had my nailpolish been clear

      Delete
  2. I absolutely hate how LHI takes our payment at the beginning of the month and then takes up to 3 weeks to deliver. What an absolute pain. Delivery within Australian certainly does not take 3 weeks. Despite that though, I enjoyed the LHI box I received this month, but hopefully next month will be better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's completely ridiculous, they need to step up their game. Fingers crossed for November boxes :)

      Delete
  3. I really hope next months is better than this one. I received the Mask in a Cup but for dry skin, when I clearly put in my "profile" that I have oily skin :(
    Plus my nail polish was just plain old black (a bit boring) and I'm also a bit sick of Avene, nothing has wowed me either.
    Hopefully they redeem themselves! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sucks about the mask, it's annoying when they give things for specific skin types, if they can't tailor it they should just give things for all skin types. I know a lot of people were annoyed about the Avene products being for acne prone skin. I wouldn't have minded just a plain black it's the only colour I'm yet to find a good one of so it would have been nice to try one. I'm hoping November improves or otherwise I'm out. xx

      Delete
  4. I haven't received my October box yet :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ridiculous, I would be contacting them ASAP. I thought mine would take ages because I live in regional QLD. But anything after today is unacceptable!

      Delete
  5. the NYX polish looks lovely ! xx
    thebeautyheroes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got the now legendarily bad Luxe and Luscious box, I will give them the benefit of the doubt as there was certainly $15 worth of products in there. They weren't my cup of tea (or anyone's apparently) but you can't please everyone I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm that Mask In A Cup thingy is interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've see so much from Avene in the blogosphere lately, I really want to try something from them. This all sounds so lush x

    themaibug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every now and then I see a box that makes me wish that I was subscribed but most of the time I think I would be disappointed so I just use my money to try the products I know I want to try.

    Laura
    www.whitewintersblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im hoping the Christmas December Lust Have it will be good. I read on Facebook that apparntly Lust Have It are under new ownership, and people are blaming that as to why its gotten bad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got the same box as you except my nail polish was a taupe glitter shade. I hope they can wow us next month, one last chance or I too will be unsubbing!
    LJ XOXO

    http://leahjasmine.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the lovely comments, we honestly do appreciate it.
Please feel free to leave your link so we can check out your blog. xo