Wednesday, 3 October 2012

IMATS Sydney 2012


Last weekend Katelyn and I attended IMATS (International Makeup Artist Trade Show for those who aren't sure what it is) in Sydney. This was our first IMATS so I thought I would do a little run down of our experience. It was held at the Sydney Convention Centre in Darling Harbour which was a great location for it, it is so pretty down along the harbour.

We got to IMATS at around 10am on Saturday morning. We were a bit worried there would be stacks of people and massive lines to get in but surprisingly there weren't. At the door we were given a bag to put all of our purchases in which I thought was a great idea. I personally didn't buy too much, I only got two OCC Lip Tars and a crease brush from Crown Brushes. Katelyn on the other hand went a bit more crazy on the purchasing front and bought quite a few new products to play with - she will be doing a little haul later in the week for those who are interested to see what she bought.

There were quite a few brands there that we had never heard of as well as some really well known brands - click here for the full list of brands. The Inglot and MAC stalls were by far the most busy, I felt a little claustrophobic trying to look at all the products at both of these stalls - I think that was one of the main reasons I didn't buy much. The most disappointing part of the day was realising that NYX had pulled out, they were one of the brands we were most excited for.

Unfortunately the event itself wasn't as big as we thought it would be (in the way of stalls and products being sold) and also the fact that neither of us are make up artists we didn't really feel the need to stay for the seminars as there would have been heaps of actual make up artists wanting to watch so we didn't want to take up seats/space.

All in all it was a great experience and we're both glad we went. We will be attending next year too so hopefully more brands will jump on board for IMATS 2013!

Did you go to IMATS in Sydney?


17 comments:

  1. Love the photos, they look great! I wasn't bothered taking any photos whilst there - it got too packed! I cannot wait until next year though! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos! I completely forgot to take any. I went on the Sunday, but going off everyone's reports (because apparently everyone went on Saturday) it was dead quiet on Sunday. It was still kinda busy, but probably nowhere near the Saturday crowds.
    ALSO - they had none of those cool 'IMATS' bags to give out when I got there. Disappointed :( lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh I am So jealous I would love to go. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like an amazing event!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how dissapointing was it that NYX pulled out?! i was really looking forward to seeing them there i went at bit mad at inglot lol i cant wait to see youre haul :)
    http://allthingsbeautybytiarni.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had such a great time at IMATS, wish I had've seen you there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was my first IMATS too and I didn't go completely crazy, but I didn't hold back, can't wait to see the haul post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohh i wish id gone, so jelly xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness. *O* IMATS! I've always wanted to go. Must've been an awesome experience with all the makeup~~

    -theresa
    collaredblouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such gorgeous inspiration pictures!
    If you have a minute,you can visit my blog and leave a comment about my new post, thanks dear!

    Blow A Rainbow
    Blow a Rainbow on Facebook
    Blow a Rainbow on Bloglovin
    Blow a Rainbow on Pinterest
    Blow a Rainbow on Lookbook
    Blow a Rainbow on Tumblr

    I'll wait you on my blog dear.Have a Nice Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so many pretty products ! it looks oddly mesmerising ! x
    thebeautyheroes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I heard so much about Sydney IMATS, I hope you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I've always heard so much at IMATS, but I've never gone. It sure looks fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm seeing a few posts about IMATS from my friends 'down under', it looks amazing!

    www.prettylusciousthings.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post guys - love your photos and being a cosmetics junkie it looks pretty much like my idea of heaven! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks amazing, I'm super jealous!! I'd love to go to IMATS.

    Jesss xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. So excited, I am going next year with a few friends and this just makes me wish we didnt have to wait so long!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the lovely comments, we honestly do appreciate it.
Please feel free to leave your link so we can check out your blog. xo