Monday, 7 May 2012

Glossybox April 2012





April was the last month that Glossybox would be sending their beauty boxes in Australia. They have recently combined with Lust Have It! continuing under the  Lust Have It! brand - the first beauty sample company in Australia. As you can see from the photos, we were both subscribed and we both received completely different products, except one thing. We were quite disappointed with the boxes this month, firstly because we didn't actually recieve the April box until May, but also because of the lack of products. We both thought Glossybox might've gone all out for their last boxes but it seems like they just said oh well doesn't matter.

As you can see I (Megan) received a bit of a mix of skincare and makeup products where as I (Katelyn) got a bunch of skincare products - this annoyed me because most of my beauty profile which I'm sure does nothing to determine what comes in your box is geared towards makeup products.

We weren't impressed by these at all. We would like to see more make up products and less skin care. Although I (Megan) did receive an eyeliner. it was in the colour "sapphire" which I personally can never see me using. I would have been a lot happier if it had of came in black.

There isn't much else to say about the products in our boxes as we haven't had the chance to use them yet.

Hopefully the Lust Have It! May boxes are a lot more exciting.


What did you think of your April Glossybox?


9 comments:

  1. im so upset glossybox au failed so miserable. i dont think i was ever overly pleased with a box from them. when i got my last box i literally opened it and threw the products in my use later bag. hopefully lust have it are amazing!! i love this box is really good do you guys sub to them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, we did the same thing with most of the boxes as well.
      We aren't subscribed to I love this box but we just checked them out, it seems really good!

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed with the box :(. Maybe the new company will bring more exciting things?

    http://www.101fashionstreet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It can be so hit and miss, but hopefully they will make up for it in the next box! There's a few beauty boxes around in the UK but my fave is definitely Glossybox! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A few months ago I was seriously thinking about subscribing to Glossybox, but read so many disappointing reviews I don't think I will bother now, just continue trying new thing from friend recommendations and from bloggers like you :)

    Gems x

    Fashion, Well Done

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't realise Glossybox was around in Australia! It's a shame they didn't try and wow everyone with their last box. Hopefully the new collab will be better! xx

    LittleGlitter.org

    ReplyDelete
  6. oo, would you recommend the Glossybox or the Lust Have It box? Im still inbetween choosing one :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. So annoying that there is so many sample options, just makes it unbalanced from the first and hard not to compare, its a shame they didnt do well over here!

    joanne from jimmilou.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. ive been hesitatiing to get that glossy box because i am wondering whether it is worth it or not!

    xo
    theyoungbridgetjones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the lovely comments, we honestly do appreciate it.
Please feel free to leave your link so we can check out your blog. xo