Tuesday, 18 September 2012

Favourite Spring Nail Polishes


Spring has sprung which means it's time to start wearing some lighter shades on my nails. I've chosen six of my favourite shades which I know I'll be wearing throughout the warmer months. 
I'll do a little overview of each polish so you can get an idea of opacity/coats etc. 

From left to right: 

Essence - Exits On Your Right (Under $5.00 AUD)
This is apart of the relatively new 'Ready For Boarding' collection by Essence. I saw this shade and immediately picked it up because I hadn't seen a pastel green that wasn't a mint. I found this is a lot more of a yellow toned green and it looks great on against tan skin. This polish is best with three coats to achieve an opaque finish. 

NYC Color - Bluebird ($2.00 AUD)
I seem to have a real problem with buying blue nail polishes. I have so many so it was hard to choose the ones I know I will wear most in Spring. I chose Bluebird because it's such a lovely pastel blue that I think pretty much suits everyone. You need a good three to four coats to make this one opaque but it's so worth it once it's on. With a good top coat I find these polishes last up to five days (probably more if you're not a nail picker like me) I found this polish at Woolworths, they have so many shades and are all $2.00! 

Essence - Via Airmail (Under $5.00 AUD)
This is another from the 'Ready For Boarding' collection, and the darkest of all six polishes. This polish has a great consistency and needs about two coats to get decent coverage. I just really love this polish and I don't own another one similar. 

China Glaze - Sweet Hook (Under $12.00 AUD)
This is the perfect pastel purple, I ordered mine from OzSale when they had one of their China Glaze sales going. I've worn this polish countless times and it always gets compliments. It goes on easily and looks best with two to three coats. I absolutely love how much polish you get in a China Glaze bottle which means I can wear it a lot. I'm also pretty sure Sportsgirl does/did a relatively good dupe for this which I have owned in the past, so if you're looking I'd definitely check out Sportsgirl. 

Nails Inc London - Bag A Bachelor (Free) 
I got this for free in a Cleo magazine in July, this shade is just a pretty girly pink. It isn't the greatest formula and I needed four coats to get a nice finish but the colour is worth the pain of applying it. 

Rimmel - Apricot Punch ($5.95 AUD)
This colour looks completely different in the bottle to how it actually appears on the nail. It looks like a muted orange in the bottle, but comes out as a relatively bright orange on the nail. I love this colour and like all Rimmel polishes they have a great formula and are extremely reasonably priced. 

So those are all my nail polish picks for Spring I'm sure I'll do some more of these posts because I feel like my nail polish collection is constantly growing. 

Have you tried any of these shades? What's your pick for Spring? 

18 comments:

  1. Wow, I love colours you chose - especially NYC's bluebird and China Glaze's Sweek Hook! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks those are definitely some of my faves!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It is isn't it, I'm not usually a huge fan of purple nail polishes but I've made an exception for this one!

      Delete
  3. essence is such a great cheap brand, love the shades they come up with x
    thebeautyheroes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, ready for boarding has some other amazing shades I want to pick up too!!

      Delete
  4. Some really gorgeous colours in there, I especially love the Rimmel one! May have to pick that up ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should Rimmel polishes are great they have a green one I've been eyeing off for awhile now!

      Delete
  5. i have a shade like that green one and i feel like something it turns out a little too... "sea sick" for my taste haha. it really depends the outfit you have on though- sometimes it looks really cute! but i love the blue and purple one, so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried any of these shades, although they all look gorgeous! I love the China Glaze one! :)

    http://www.danielleyc.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Apricot Punch is totally my kind of color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors!

    Thx for stopping by. Wanna follow each other?

    Kiss,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choices, I love all of these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. perfect selection! love the blue
    s

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love that china glaze colour! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I must take a trip to Woolies and hunt ut some of the NYC polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have that China Glaze shade and love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the lovely comments, we honestly do appreciate it.
Please feel free to leave your link so we can check out your blog. xo