Sunday, 9 September 2012

Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation Review



I bought this foundation quite a while ago. I always seem to have a love hate relationship when I try new foundations. I never like them straight away and this was no exception.

Unfortunately I don't have very good skin to start with, not because of blemishes (spots/pimples) but I have freckles, pigmentation and a lot of redness...and being pale doesn't help! I am always looking for full coverage to have so I have a flawless complexion and that is what you get with this foundation.

In the above picture I am not wearing any powder or concealer which is quite amazing. I have the shade "Cream Ivory" which is the second lightest....I'm not entirely sure why I went for this colour as it is WAY too dark for pale skin although it is perfect when I have a little bit of a tan on. I am thinking of testing out the "Soft Ivory" so I can wear it everyday.

I like to apply this foundation with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush - you do need to blend this in well because it is a quite thick consistency seeing as it is a creme. A little bit goes a long way with this foundation. I do find this colour it is very yellow based which I actually like because I feel it counteracts my redness. You can see me apply it in my Getting Ready With Me video here.

Cost:  $59 AUD.

Coverage: Full.

Packaging: I like the simple packaging of this product. Very easy to carry with you as it's a tube.

Wear time: I find this lasts around 7-8 hours before you need to apply some powder to take away the shine.

Repurchase?: Definitely. I will be getting the lightest shade soon.

Overall I am very impressed with this, as are a lot of other beauty bloggers I have seen recently. If you are looking for a true full coverage foundation, I would recommend this for you.

Have you tried this foundation? What did you think?


14 comments:

  1. I like this foundation, but I stupidly let them talk me into the rose ivory shade which is way too dark and too pink. I'd really like to try soft ivory too :) The coverage is phenominal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I work way too close to a LM counter and now I'm tempted by this. Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very impressive! Great coverage. Your skin looks naturally flawless. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're look great! love it!

    visit my blog too<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you look gorgeous. This foundation sounds great, I really want to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it looks really good on your skin, the coverage is brilliant x
    thebeautyheroes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've heard so many great things about this foundation! :) The only thing that puts me off buying it is the price

    ReplyDelete
  8. this looks so nice on your skin! i'm always so tempted to buy it when i go past a laura mercier counter. i'm a fellow paley with lots of freckles & pigmentation so it sounds like it could be a good one to try xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Though I'd never spend that much on a foundation, I have to admit it looks freakin' amazing!

    blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also have a love-hate relationship with this foundation, at first I don't like it, but now I love it. We have a bit of a tiff if I don't blend it in well enough, but for the most part it's love :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! has the price been lowered to 59 aud now? thats good news for us aussies :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love this foundation! so obsessed with it! lookin good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn`t like the foundation at first too, but then I read on the tube that the foundation should be applied with a sponge - and voilà - it looks perfect! Have you tried it with a beautyblender too? If not, you have to. It`s wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the lovely comments, we honestly do appreciate it.
Please feel free to leave your link so we can check out your blog. xo