Wednesday, 26 September 2012

Lust Have It September


This month once again I received the 'Fun and Flirty' pack from Lust Have It, they have returned to sending out the products in the makeup bags and this months was sent out in a silver bag. The contents of this months bag included:

Davroe Ultimatum Non Aerosol Hairspray 
Dermalogica Active Toner
Dermalogica PreCleanse
Say It Wth Scent Frangipani Lotion
Mireness 'Protect Me' Tinted Anti Ageing Balm 

I was disappointed with this months selection of products, not even the Dermalogica products could make up for the rest of the bag. I've already used Dermalogica PreCleanse before and it's a great product so I know I'll definitely use it, same goes with the toner. 

The rest of the bag maybe not so much, the lotion smells like something an old woman would wear, it actually made me feel a little sick. To be completely honest, I'm a little sick of receiving tiny body lotion samples, they're barely enough to use on one leg and end up being thrown in a drawer never to be used 

The other two products I received weren't very exciting either, the hairspray had actually leaked in the bag which was unpleasant. I tested the hairspray and I'm really not fond of the way it makes my hair feel crunchy and the smell of it it quite potent too. Finally the last product was the tiny anti-ageing balm sample from Mirenesse, kind of funny they put an anti-ageing balm in the fun and flirty box don't you think? The sample size of this was a little ridiculous and the packaging was flimsy, honestly the bag could have gone without. 

Lust Have It also included some 'free' sample vouchers, a Mirenesse eyeliner which was only available to the first 1000 people (I highly doubt I will receive this). A free Davroe styling product (which is not really free because you have to pay for postage) I don't think I will claim this either, as their products have been less than impressive, and a Dermalogica facial treatment valued at $90.00 when you purchase a Dermalogica product over $50.00. So nothing is really 'free'. 

Overall you can probably tell my lack of excitement and disappointment in this months bag. An underwhelming selection of products and some 'free' samples to make up for the lack of products in the bag. I fear next month may be my last bag with Lust Have It if they don't pick up their game, I can't stand the thought of getting another body lotion and no makeup products. 

Did you receive the September Lust Have It? What are your thoughts? 


14 comments:

  1. Hi girls, I couldn't agree more! This was my very first Lust Have It I purchased it after seeing it on your blog and this month is definitely a bit disappointing. There isn't enough large samples and the mirenese anti aging balm is a joke! I really hope they step it up next month for both your sake and mine.
    ♥ Sheray.

    Fashion Sherayde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you about the large samples, it's underwhelming when you only get really little samples. Hopefully we get some good stuff soon :)

      Delete
  2. I unsubscribed this month as I said I would when I did my review. I am so sick of waiting until the end of the month and in my eyes not getting any your $15 back in sample products. I have remained subscribed to Bellabox though, would definitely recommend the both of you being subscribed to them - I know one of you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wait time is getting ridiculous, I got mine yesterday but was charged at the beginning of the month. I mean how long does it take to put four small sized products in a bag and send them out. I am signed up to Bella Box now can't wait for my frist box!!

      Delete
  3. Aw, sorry you were so disappointed. These services can be so hit and miss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's just getting old getting body lotions nearly every box. I haven't been extremely impressed with this box for months now!

      Delete
  4. I was actually happy with this month's LHI as although it was still not that great, it's better than the ones previously. But I agree, I'm close to unsubscribing to LHI. Bellabox is 1000 times better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good that you enjoyed it, I guess we all can't like the same things. I just signed up to Bella Box so I hope my first box is great. Everyone seems to really like it!

      Delete
  5. I was disappointed also... Considering unsubscribing :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, if the next months box isn't any good I think I'm going to ditch my subscription. Every box is just so boring and underwhelming. I loved your review of this months box! x

      Delete
  6. i find it quite cool that they come in a make up bag, but such a shame the products were disappointing x
    thebeautyheroes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the makeup bags are a good idea, tends to be a bit annoying after you've received five or more. I much preferred the Glossy Box hard box packaging, they're great for storing things.

      Delete
  7. i was considering subscribing and have heard quite a few disappointing comments....i like dermalogica though,great review :)
    http://allthingsbeautybytiarni.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I haven't really seen much good feedback for this months box tbh. I think everyone is tired of getting mediocre boxes and we just want to be wowed. I hate writing negative things but it's gotten to the point where there wasn't much good stuff to say about it.

      Delete

Thanks so much for the lovely comments, we honestly do appreciate it.
Please feel free to leave your link so we can check out your blog. xo