Tuesday, 11 September 2012

Veet EasyWax Electrical Roll-On Kit Review

I was recently apart of a trial for the brand new Veet Easy Wax Electrical Roll-On Kit, and I wanted to share what I thought of the kit. A bit of info on my waxing history, I have used hot tub wax before and also the pre waxed strips. I am not usually a huge fan of waxing my legs as it can be really messy and sometimes even painful. 

Included in the pack is: 
1 x Waxing Device
1 x Wax Cartridge
1 x Stand
1 x Cord
12 x Wax Strips
4 x Finishing Wipes

What they say: 
Veet EasyWax™ Electrical Roll-on Kit is a hand-held, self-heating home-wax system with a roll-on applicator that helps deliver an even layer of warm wax and delivers salon-quality results at home. The wax is formulated with the same ingredients as the wax used in salons and is enriched with natural beeswax, making it suitable for sensitive skin.

The Pros and Cons

Overall this product does everything it says, I loved that it  heated the wax to a perfect temperature which helped avoid any nasty wax burns. I found the applicator worked really well and the wax went on smoothly and evenly. The cartridge was easy to install and setting up the product was extremely simple. The stand included was a nice touch especially for messy people like me, I didn't get any wax where it wasn't meant to be. 

As I said the application was easy and the bright pink wax rolled on my legs at the perfect temperature - so far so good. I would say I am a novice leg waxer so this may be my problem but I found the strips supplied weren't that great, I would suggest a fabric strip as I find they tend to get the wax off better (there seemed to be quite a bit of wax that wouldn't budge)

I would also recommend heating the wax longer than it states on the box as I found it didn't roll on properly after just 20 minutes, but after a good half hour it seemed to do the trick. The wipes included worked a treat and helped remove the residue and left over wax the strips sometimes left behind, I'm glad these were included. This product retails for $39.99 AUD which seems expensive but you will have the product forever. 

Overall this product did a great job of getting rid of the hair and wasn't as painful as I thought it would be. It was mess free at and the application of the wax was a breeze which I really enjoyed. I think I may have to use it a few more times to get the best out of it, as I know I'm quite inexperienced in the waxing department. I definitely enjoyed how my legs stayed smoother for longer, and for those that enjoy waxing their legs I think this is definitely something worth checking out! 

In Australia you can purchase the Veet Easy Wax Roll On Kit at Priceline stores

Have any of you ladies tried this? 

*I was sent this as part of a trial but it is 100% my honest opinion.

19 comments:

  1. Really want to try this!
    I've read really mixed reviews but might have to just take the plunge and buy it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always worth trying it out, if you like waxing you should like this!

      Delete
  2. I actually haven't heard of this before, but now that I have I really want to give it a go!
    Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, I seem to be reading reviews everywhere and seeing it on sale at Priceline ha let me know if you try it! x

      Delete
  3. I was so impressed with this! The only problem is I went through the strips really quickly so I need to buy more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, I felt like there weren't enough!

      Delete
  4. I'm pretty sure it says in the ad that you can use this on your bikini area, but would you recommend it? I wouldn't be using this on my legs, so I don't want to go out and buy it only to try it out on the bikini area and find it doesn't work too well down there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They actually have a different cartridge for your bikini and underarm area, it has a smaller roller. I suppose you could probably use the bigger one on your under arms but I'm not sure how'd it go.

      Delete
  5. I really do want to try it! I'm just waiting until it will be half price in UK, as from time to time they do such a offer. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always a good idea, incase you don't like it or something you won't have wasted heaps of money on it. Let me know if you try it out x

      Delete
  6. This absolutely did NOT work for me! I had to let the was plugged more than one hour and still, it didn't roll on properly - ARGHH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate to hear that, I had to leave mine on for a lot longer than the recommended 20 minutes but after and hour it seemed to work. I'd maybe try leaving it plugged in while you use it so it's still heating!

      Delete
  7. I normally shave my legs, but when I decide to wax (holidays or summer, lol) I like to be able to do it at home! This seems like something I'd be able to master!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually a leg shaver too, because I suck at waxing but this was easy and it made my legs smooth and lasted longer than shaving.

      Delete
  8. this is such a great post! might try this kit out

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my giveaway to win a MAC lipstick and 5 models own polishes! just click one page back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! I am trying this out tonight and freaking out!! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have purchased this but it doesnt seem to remove all the hairs. I heated it longer than it said, it went on smoothly but only removed about a third of my hairs. Any ideas what Im doing wrong?? And yes I am a beginner at home waxer, so I could be doing something very simple wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Hairs left behind might be the shorter ones, not quite long enough to be waxed off.

      Delete

Thanks so much for the lovely comments, we honestly do appreciate it.
Please feel free to leave your link so we can check out your blog. xo