Sunday, 11 March 2012

MAC Iris Apfel - Pink Pigeon & Flamingo lipstick

A few weeks ago the MAC Iris Apfel collection was released in Australia. I had seen swatches of this collection before it came out and I really loved the look of these two lipsticks. Seeing as I don't have a MAC store anywhere near me, I bought them as soon as I saw them online. "Pink Pigeon" is a really bright matte pink and "Flamingo" is a bright (but a bit more sheer) orangey/coraly/pink colour and is a lustre finish. 




(Pink Pigeon and Flamingo)


I am really happy I got them, I love the colours a lot.


The only thing I don't like about both of these lipsticks is that they kind of stain your lips so when it wears off it leaves a ring of colour around the outside of your lips. I try not to buy lipsticks that do that but really, how could you resist these beautiful colours? 


Would you wear either of these or not your cup of tea?


21 comments:

  1. flamingo is so darn beautiful! i want it so much. you should wear it in a photo so i can see it on :) i just bought watch me simmer from ebay cant wait to get it. i hate that darn lipstick ring though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it. It looks really good on. I will try get a decent photo of me wearing for you :)

      Delete
  2. i love the pink pigeon but flamingo is not my cuppa tea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both of them, I hate when lipsticks wear off like that!

    joanne from jimmilou.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are absolutly beautiful! LOVE Flamingo *drool*

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like the bright pink one! i love all things pink... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, they are such incredible colours! I can understand why you couldn't resist

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are FAB - I love 'em both!

    Thanks for stopping by Fluff and Fripperies - I'm following you now through GFC so hope to stay in touch!

    Emma xo
    www.fluffandfripperies.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries doll. Thanks for following

      We will stay in touch :)

      xx

      Delete
  8. So pretty! Those shades are so perfect for Spring!

    PS. We’ve a $100 Giveaway to Vantage Point Vintage on our blog! Check it out, if you’d like :)

    ox,
    davie+erica

    LPFashionPhilosophy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great lipstick ! :)

    I invite you to
    http://fashion-whoknow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. pretty! I want to get flamingo so bad. looks like a great color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely. If you can get your hands on it you should buy it! x

      Delete
  11. I absolutely LOVE these colours for spring, they're so cute :D

    Anca
    http://coralista-xo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. girls please i need your help since pink pigeon was a limited edition i couldn't find it anymore so i wanna know if there is another brand of lipstick who got the same color thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://papercrowns.blogspot.com.au/2012/01/mac-pink-pigeon-dupes.html

      This blog has posted some dupe options & you could also try ebay

      http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=mac+pink+pigeon&_sacat=See-All-Categories

      hope this helped xx

      Delete

Thanks so much for the lovely comments, we honestly do appreciate it.
Please feel free to leave your link so we can check out your blog. xo