Tuesday, 13 March 2012

One Dress, Two Looks

For awhile now I've wanted to start doing posts like these, to show how versatile some outfits can be. I'm the type of person that can dress like a complete boy one day and then show up in a cute little dress the next. I don't like sticking to one style, and I never have.

I've had this dress for a few weeks now, and at first I hated the way it looked on me I think I was having a bad day or just wasn't feeling it. Because when I tried it on the next time I was absolutely in love with it.
Below are some photos of how I like to wear this dress, there was more looks but we had camera issues haha. So I just stuck with the two, plus I liked these ones the most anyway.




Outfit One: This is something I'd wear on a regular basis, I wear hats a lot and I just love how comfy and fun this dress is to wear. I decided to pair the dress with some long chain necklaces with hints of turquoise to brighten it up a bit, and the red hat I feel is something that goes with everything especially white. The sunglasses and boots are some of my favourite aspects of this outfit, the boots are ridiculously comfy and cost me only $9, and the sunglasses are super fun to wear and I always get compliments on them.This may sound really silly but I feel like I should have been around in the 60's/70's so I could have worn this to Woodstock and danced around listening to The Grateful Dead.
Dress: Minkpink, Hat: Jay Jays, Necklaces/Rings/Sunglasses: Sportsgirl, Shoes: Therapy

Outfit Two: This outfit, is something I'd probably wear either out at night to a show or maybe to a party or something. This outfit is a lot simpler but I wanted the feather headpiece to be the focus of the outfit. I love wearing headpieces and hats, but every time I wear this feathered headband someone will try and rip it off my head (does anyone else get this?). The outfit as I said is fairly simple, with the exception of the head peice, I wanted to keep the shoes pretty simple as well so I paired them with some of my favourite little mustard booties from Rubi. They are amazing and I wanted a pair for so long until I found these. I think the mustard colour is fun to wear and they go really well with everything. 
Dress: Minkpink, Feather Headpeice: City Beach, Turquoise Ring: Diva, Shoes: Rubi

Which look do you like best? Would you wear either of these looks? 
Let me know what you think of these type of posts! 

Hope everyone is having a lovely week! 

27 comments:

  1. love that headpiece. I might need to pop down to city beach and check it out xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, I got it a little while ago but they probably have some left. Otherwise I've seen them at Diva and on Etsy xx

      Delete
  2. Hey katelyn, i was just wondering where you get the Biore Deep Pore Cleansing Strips? im in desperate need!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, I usually get them from Priceline, otherwise try Big W, Woolworths, Coles or maybe even Target. They all should have them! x

      Delete
  3. i absolutely adore the first outfit katelyn! like i said on facebook, so bohemian and pretty. love the turquoise with the crisp white and the colour of the hat is just amazeeee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! And I love your hat X

    Love,
    Zizi: www.zizistyling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great outfits!! I LOVE the first outfit most. Your makeup looks gorgeous too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise, it was so hot when we took the photos I'm surprised the makeup didn't melt off haha! x

      Delete
  6. What a gorgeous dress!! I love the sleeves & the lace <3
    It looks stunning both ways

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They also have it in black, but I definitely prefer the white I think the lace looks a lot nicer white. xx

      Delete
  7. Great outfits :) I love them both just as much :)
    That is such a gorgeous dress :)
    I have followed you back sweetie.. you really deserve it cause you have a wonderful blog :)
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous dress!! I love the first look with the tough boots but the second is great too. Amazing head band! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you look beautiful, that's an amazing dress! The photos are so lovely as well. I would probably wear it like how you've styled it in the first outfit but you look superb either way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're seriously way too nice, the dress is way too fun to wear I like to spin around in it alot x

      Delete
  10. Wow you look stunning! That dress is friggin' gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Jessica, you should check it out and get one too they're super fun to wear x

      Delete
  11. you look great! I love the dress :)

    www.the-ant-ler.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love this! such lovely pictures
    i'm your new follower! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KB we will definitely follow you back! I love your blog xx

      Delete
  13. you are so stunning! this outfit is verrry chic. jealous.

    A Southern Drawl

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love them both! the sunglasses and jewels are perfection! i love the 60-70s ears, too!

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the lovely comments, we honestly do appreciate it.
Please feel free to leave your link so we can check out your blog. xo