Monday, 26 March 2012

Review: Models Prefer Mattifying Primer

Hi Girls, 
Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend, doing fun things and such. 
Today's review is on the Models Prefer Mattifying Primer, I've been using this product for a while now and I thought I would let everyone know what I think about it. 



Formula: I love the formula of this primer, it's a clear thick gel like formula that smooths and mattifys skin to reduce oiliness. A little of this product goes a long way and it helps create a really smooth base for foundation, and the formula feels lovely and silky on your skin. I did find when using this product it really helps with smoothing my skin, especially because mine can get a little bit rough sometimes. I don't have the oiliest skin, in fact I'm more on the dry side but this helps my skin feel smooth without drying it out like other mattifying products do. I would like to note that it does contain a form of silicone, and I know some people avoid products with silicone due to whatever reason. So just make sure to read the ingredients - Although I have had no trouble with this formula. (full list of ingredients can be found here)

Does it work?: This is always the big question when it comes to primers, I've never tried a high end primer so I can't really compare this product to a more expensive one. But I think this does a great job of creating a smooth base for foundation which in turn helps the foundation lasts longer. It also seemed to minimize my pores, which is another bonus for me. I do think this is a great primer for the price and does pretty much everything it says it's meant to with mattifying, smoothing and increasing the length of foundation wear. 

Price & Packaging?: The price of this product is fairly reasonable it's around $12.99AUD from Priceline which is pretty good considering it works well and a little of the product goes a long way. 

Now for the worst part about this product the packaging. So at first the packaging was really awesome, it looked nice and sleek with the pump bottle and clear formula so far so good. A few weeks into using it - not so much. I think it's the thickness of the product that after the initial product that was around the pump had been used it really struggled to get the rest of the product out. I've actually had to start taking the pumper out and use my fingers to get the product out which isn't that bad, but it is designed to pump the product out. I think this formula is probably better suited to a tube or a jar as it is simply too thick. If I didn't like the product as much as I did I would have stopped using it as soon as the pump failed. 

Overall: I think this is a great primer for the price and it does everything it claims to do. Aside from the packaging issues I have continued to use it and will most likely repurchase unless I find something better. If you are looking for an affordable primer that makes your skin feel really smooth I would recommend this one. I also think it should work on most skin types, just make sure to read the ingredients so you won't have any issues. 

Overall I give this product a 4 out of 5! 

Has anyone else used this primer - what did you think? Or what's your favourite drugstore primer? 

17 comments:

  1. Nice review!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great product, most of the primers I've tried haven't really worked so I'll have to give this one a go. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it out, and if it doesn't work you've pretty much only lost $12.99 instead of like $30 haha <3

      Delete
  3. Wow sounds great! I'll def have to try it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you do try it out lovely xx

      Delete
  4. great review, ill have to give it a go. i dont mind models prefer products really, pretty good for the price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma, let me know if you use it! I actually like their nailpolishes too they're so pretty and a decent price xx

      Delete
  5. I have never used a primer before - but I think i might give this one a try.
    Gems
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this would be a great starting primer, especially because of the price. <3

      Delete
  6. I usually just use Rimmel fix and perfect primer. I like it a lot! Great review!

    http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check it out, I think I may have seen a Rimmel one but it came out of the tube red and it scared me haha. Maybe it was off or something.

      <3

      Delete
  7. I havn't tried this, I used to use the smashbox one which is really nice and literally makes your skin feel like silk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen people raving about that actually, I'd have to order it online.
      Thanks for the tip though xx

      Delete
  8. thanks for the review of this product !
    i was googling and i got to your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never used a primer but think I should probably start. This one looks like a good starting point!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like the Sephora primer :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the lovely comments, we honestly do appreciate it.
Please feel free to leave your link so we can check out your blog. xo