Sunday, 17 June 2012

Illamasqua Blush: Excite



A product I have be absolutely loving lately is Illamasqua powder blush in the shade 'Excite'. I know from the pictures above it looks pretty scary but with a light touch this blush is lovely. 

Illamasqua describe it as a vivid apricot with a matte finish, which is pretty much exact. I actually quite like the fact it's a matte finish because I think a shimmer would be too much for this colour. 

You can probably tell from the pictures that this blush is extremely pigmented and all you need is a really light hand. I find it's best to use a stippling brush with this blush as you get a little bit of colour you can build rather than a whole lot that you can't take off. I really love the way this blush blends and it looks great with a shimmery eye look. I'm also really fond of the Illamasqua packaging, it's really sturdy and sleek. 

I think this would suit medium/darker skin tones as I feel it might be a little too much for the paler girls but if you love the look of it I'd definitely recommend trying it out. They also have another one similar called 'lover' but I believe it's a little more coral. This blush retails in Australia for $42.00 but Myer is currently selling it for $33.60 and you can get it here I actually bought this in America from Sephora for $24.00.  I know it seems pretty steep for a blush but considering you only need to use the smallest amount due to the pigmentation, so it's going to last a really long time. 

What do you think of this blush? Can anyone recommend me some more Illamasqua blush shades?

 xo

21 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I think so too, I wanted an orangey blush forever and this one was perfect x

      Delete
  2. this isnt really a colour id ever go for but it looks so pretty on your skin tone. i have been obsessed with blush lately, i just ordered a couple from benefit today so yay!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! Benefit have some really lovely blushes which ones did you get? x

      Delete
  3. This is such a pretty blush, it really suits you :) I've never tried Illamasqua before, yet! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love, this is the only Illamasqua product I own I know they have a lot more that I want to check out x

      Delete
  4. This blush looks gorgeous! I haven't tried Illamasqua before but I'm tempted to try something!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should just go swatch some things and see if you like anything that's what I always do. I have heard really good things about most of their products though x

      Delete
  5. Such a lovely colour! I haven't tried any Illamasqua products, on my wishlist though haha :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need/want a few more too haha x

      Delete
  6. Wow that colour is really stunning on you. I love their powder blush in the shade "Katie", it's the most pretty, pale pink! Oh and thanks for following, your blog is great! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely have to check out that shade & no problem your blog is lovely xx

      Delete
  7. I'm your newest reader here and on Bloglovin', just absolutely stunning blog! The blush sounds and looks pretty amazing and the color is perfect for your skin tone :) Have a great day!<3

    xoxo Eeva
    http://eeva-theapple.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by lovely! x

      Delete
  8. That suits you so much, I have a few Illamasqua blushes but haven't touched them yet, if you can believe it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo really? I know I've seen you talk about a few Illamasqua products before, you'll have to recommend me some of your favourites!

      Delete
  9. I love the look/thought of orange blush, but I'm to much of a scaredy cat to try them, being as pale as I am. It looks gorgeous on you though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this colour flatters your complexion! you should use it more often. i love the background where you took photograph of this lovely blush xo

    The Young Bridget Jones

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is such a beautiful colour! I don't think it'd look right on my tanned skin though x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the lovely comments, we honestly do appreciate it.
Please feel free to leave your link so we can check out your blog. xo