Thursday, 28 June 2012

My Winter Beauty Essentials!


It's finally getting cooler, and that means it's time to break out the products I'll be needing a lot more in the winter months.  I've put together some of my favourite products that are a must have when the weather starts to cool down and your skin starts to dry out. 

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation & Nars Sheer Glow: I don't know about you guys but my skin can be pretty dry even in the summer time so I need foundations that aren't going to accentuate the dry patches or a foundation that makes me oily by the end of the day. I am completely in love with the finish of both of these foundations they make my complexion nice and glowy. 

Benefit Posie Tint, BYS Fushia Blush & Thin Lizzy Concealer: Three other essentials, I always tend to wear pinker blushes in the winter because I'm usually a little paler and it looks nice on pale skin.  The Thin Lizzy Concealer is one of my favourite concealers, I included this because it isn't cakey and doesn't dry out the skin - something I find essential in Winter. 

Kate Moss Rimmel Red Lipstick & Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub: So I'm sure nearly everyone has experienced dry lips in winter and the best way to fix dry lips is with a scrub. The Lush one is my favourite and it smells and tastes delicious. I included a berry red lipstick with a satin finish which is the perfect shade in winter and the satin finish isn't too drying. 

Butter London Cuticle Oil & Buxom Stay Put Eyeshadow in Mutt: This cuticle oil has been a lifesaver lately my hands have been incredibly dry and the skins been peeling. I keep this in my bag and use it whenever I need throughout the day this also smells amazing. The Buxom eyeshadow is kind of random but I love wearing it in winter and the shade is perfect for everyday as a base. 

Moroccan Oil & Sukin Hand and Nail Cream: I probably don't need to explain why Moroccan Oil is included, this is a fantastic product especially when your hair becomes dry and brittle in the Winter. The Sukin hand and nail cream has also been in regular use lately it doesn't leave a greasy feeling after using it and it makes my hands soft. 

Redwin Orange & Bergamot Moisturiser & Paw Paw Ointment: This moisturiser is great for Winter skin, it's not too thick so I find it's perfect for day time. Paw Paw Ointment is another one of those products that doesn't need explaining, this stuff is amazing. It's great for dry lips but also great for dry elbows. 

A few more products that I find essential in winter that aren't photographed include: 
Cocoa Butter
Exfoliating Gloves


Hopefully this helped you learn about some products that are great for the Winter months

What are some of your Winter essentials? 

11 comments:

  1. Love this post! I wore a BYS blush in 'coral' for the first time and I'm thoroughly impressed - it's so longlasting! I need to get my hands on the fuschia one - it's gorgeous. And that Lush lip scrub seems like a must have. I'm loving The Body Shop body butters at the moment; the fruity ones make your skin smell so good. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They actually are hey, so cheap for such great blushes. The Body Shop butters are lovely I've always liked the ones that smelt like coconut x

      Delete
  2. Amazing post! We have a few of the same beauty essentials! I must try the other products that you have mentioned they sound great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try them and let me know how you go! :)

      Delete
  3. Do you use the Thin Lizzy concealer under the eyes or on blemishes? It sounds really nice. I love the Lush lip scrubs, they really do make a difference to lipstick application :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use it mostly on blemishes, but I have used it under my eyes a few times - I recommend trying it, it's pretty thick so keep that in mind. :)

      Delete
  4. When I saw the title for this post I was like, "Winter?! But it's 'summer'." Then I remembered, you're on the other side of the World ;) So you're weather and climate is obviously going to be different! Some lovely products here. The Rimmel foundation is my current favourite foundation! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Lucas' Pawpaw Ointment is amazing stuff. You actually reminded me that I need to pick up another tube, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to try both the Rimmel and Nars foundations. I have heard many people rave about both!

    Laura
    www.whitewintersblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm surprised you like the Rimmel foundation. I tried this last time I walked past it in David Jones and the shimmer in it would not get off of my hands. I felt like a disco ball!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the lovely comments, we honestly do appreciate it.
Please feel free to leave your link so we can check out your blog. xo