Sunday, 3 June 2012

Review: Essence Ballerina Backstage Eye Souffle

A little while ago I saw Emma & Michelle talking about the Essence Eye Souffles and how great they were. So I knew I had to go down to Target and get my hands on some of these. I went into target and couldn't find the Backstage Ballerina collection with the rest of the Essence products i thought I had missed out. But I scoured the makeup section of my Target and finally found them shoved on a shelf no where near the other Essence products and the section itself was an absolute mess. When I opened up the first 'Pas Des Copper' someone had already put their fingers in it and ruined the product - typical! There was only one other left in this shade and thankfully it wasn't touched or I would have been pretty disappointed. There was only one of 'Dance The Swan Lake' left as well - the actual product was fine but someone had dropped it and it had a big chip out of the bottom glass. I decided to get it anyway because it was the last one left. I ended up asking for a discount at the checkout and got it for the ridiculously cheap rice of $2.00 which was a bonus and made up for the annoying shopping experience. 



The products themselves are lovely, they're so creamy and smooth and I actually find them pretty pigmented and easily buildable for even more colour.

Pas De Copper is a beautiful shimmery copper colour that looks great on the eye by itself or under shadows as a base. I found if I wore this with a primer it lasted most of the day on my eyelids. I think this product has actually become one of my favourites especially because it's so quick and easy to apply. I think it should be a staple in everyones makeup collection especially if you like to keep it quick and simple.  

Dance The Swan Lake is a creamy white that may lean a little pink on some skin tones. I mostly use this shadow as a base for other shadows. I love the consistency of these products they're so creamy and smooth - this one especially. Dance The Swan Lake's lasting time is also pretty good, it helped make my shadows on top last all day and look nice and vibrant. 

I love the simple packaging of these products and it's nice and simple and not tacky like other really cheap products they kinda remind me of the MAC Paint Pot Packaging. I think the packaging is quite sturdy and the glass and lid seem to be pretty strong. (obviously they will chip if you drop them haha) 

I highly recommend checking out Essence and their other products, these eye souffles retail at $4.99 AUD but I got mine at Target on sale for $4.50 and $2.00 (due to damaged packaging) which is ridiculously cheap compared to MAC paint pot or other creamy eyeshadows. 

Has anyone else had a bad experience with a messy store and damaged products? Have you tried any Essence products? Let me know! 


These products were 100% purchased by me! 

14 comments:

  1. Love the copper one!!

    x Stace

    PS. I've got a giveaway happening to win a House of Harlow ring!Last day so I'd love for you to enter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Pas des Copper, I wear it often with a bit of bronze eyeshadow. It's such a bargain and fantastic quality :) Kind of wishing I picked up the white one now as well, it would make a really excellent primer/base.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty colors.
    I never heard about Essense before.

    Have a pretty sunday,
    See you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm glad you like the Essence shadows. :) I'd feel a bit bad if I raved about it on my blog and someone bought it... And thought the exact opposite, lol. I wish they would have released more neutral colours, I'm getting some good use out of my Pas des Copper. Another product I like from Essence are their Stay With Me lipglosses... So cheap (and I love how most of them are cream finishes, no shimmer/glitter)! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this color, especially pink, you know, it's look like ice-cream! haha
    Why you're stop visited my blog? I'm miss you, to you both!

    <3
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. god messy makeup in stores always makes me so cross. the kmart where i live is NEVER neat and always so grubby. anyway, these look really nice. the copper one reminds me of the maybelline eye tattoo that i have but these are so much cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate it when people mess up stuff in makeup stores, it drives me crazy! They both look lovely, I think I like the white pinkish since it is always so versatile. THanks for the tip! Kisses

    http://mostlymelina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of Essence before! Some gorgeous shades though, really want to purchase some! x
    Dreams and Dresses

    ReplyDelete
  9. these products look great! It really bugs me when people open packaging or use things they've no intention of buying! it's just cheeky!
    XO Amie

    www.creditcrunchchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! I especially love the bright colour

    xoxo Sootjeelina

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so want to try these but my local target is just... hating on Essence! There is practically nothing there! :(
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. How awesome are they!? I only have pas des copper but agree that it looks good by itself or as a base :) I find most Targets don't have room on the stands for the ltd collections, they're always stuffed in a corner somewhere but are worth hunting for :) Have you seen the new collection yet?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the lovely comments, we honestly do appreciate it.
Please feel free to leave your link so we can check out your blog. xo