Thursday, 21 April 2011

Dermalogica Ultracalming Range

So I wanted to do a little review/show and tell of some sample products I got from my beautician after I got a deep cleaning facial and general skin check up. I'm not going to lie I don't have perfect skin, in fact I have redness, dryness and pimples and I always end up getting them along my jaw and neck. So I decided it was time I had someone who knew what they were talking about check it out. My skin has been quite dry lately and with winter coming soon I know it will only get worse. The beautician told me the face wash I was using was stripping my skin of all the good oils and that's why it has been so dry and flaky. So after a good hour of extractions face massages, face creams etc. I was given some Dermalogica samples to take home and try, I can safely say my skin feels fantastic even after a few days of using it.


 So these are all the samples I received (I did have more but I have already used them all and please excuse my horrible photo taking I just moved house and I couldn't find anywhere to take nice pictures and my camera wouldn't focus properly)

So this is the 'Precleanse' it's basically an oil  made from nuts and seeds that you rub on your face to remove all your makeup and dirt etc off before actually cleaning. I found that it works quite well I will admit I didn't love the oily  feeling on my face but I get that with my makeup remover anyway. I followed the precleanse up with the 'Ultracalming Cleanser' which is a gel/cream that is super gentle and can be taken off with a tissue or warm water. I absolutely loved the cleanser, like seriously it was the best feeling when I got out of the shower and my skin felt not so so clean it was dry it felt clean but still soft. I wish I hadn't used all the samples of it so quickly ha ha.
This is my other favourite it's called 'Barrier Repair' it's like a thick gel that you put on to moisturise your face it feels really cool, it doesn't make your face all oily it makes it feel sort of matte and not like you have a heavy layer of oily moisturiser on your face. I really liked this product, I am going to buy a bigger tube.
I got this 'Ex foliating Body Scrub' I used it an did like it but it's probably something I'd only use every so often because I'd rather just use some body wash and some ex foliating gloves.
I also got some 'Body Hydrating Cream' which I should have used by now but I am always in a rush and forget to moisturise my body, probably the reason for my skin being itchy and dry a lot in winter.
This is the last thing I got and yes, I did have it upside down without realizing but I only took one shot of it. I was told I should wait to use this after I'd finished all my other products to see how my skin was going. So I'll let you know how I go with it. Out of all the products I liked the Ultracalming Cleanser and the Barrier Repair so they are probably the two products I am going to invest in, although they are very pricey so I might have to save some money before I can afford to get them. Why are the best products always so expensive?! But seriously I am literally loving these products and I'm so glad I got to sample them, I'd hate to spend $80 on face wash and end up hating it. I can already notice a difference in my skin and it isn't all flaky and dry around my nose where it usually is.
Sorry for the enormously long post, I tried shortening it but it wouldn't be a real review then would it?
Has anyone else used Dermalogica before? What did you think about it?
P.S I have had a twitter for a while but never really used it other than to see what celebrities are up to, I have now started to use it and will be tweeting on there. I would love some people to follow other than celebrities so leave me your twitter link or follow me and I'll follow back. 

2 comments:

  1. I love Dermalogica, so thanks sooo much for the review of these products!

    i love your blog! following you now :)

    ashleyborysewich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's amazing, if you haven't tried this range you should i love it!
    Thanks for following <3 xx
    Katelyn.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the lovely comments, we honestly do appreciate it.
Please feel free to leave your link so we can check out your blog. xo